Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327896 times)

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6300 on: May 01, 2018, 12:00:36 AM »
The boss thought it might be funny to trap me in the outhouse.  Little to his surprise I. Walked out while he was on the phone.  It was really funny walking up behind him as he giggled at himself for his practical joke.   “ what ya lookin at there guy” oh I just trapped Dave in the out house”.  “ no you didn’t “.  This guy

Then spent the day working in a 9000sqr shop they started months before I started at the company.  Lots of room for activities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: May 01, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »
Beat me to it Ryan. lol
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: May 01, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »
Mike, where are you at in MN?

Nate, I work in St Cloud but live south of there.  :beercheers:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: May 01, 2018, 03:04:15 PM »
Sold my LB7. Sad day.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: May 01, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »

that's what I thought, my family is just SE of you a little bit.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: May 01, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »
Someone got the bright idea to use fast set grout on the tile joints. Well heat, humidity and all around bad luck. It set up fast on them on Sunday

I spent today with muriatic acid and good ol elbow scrubbing.   In the end the debate of could we have saved $ buy just ripping it all out and starting over  cans up.    I think we could have broke even at least with out sore elbows and shoulders

Looks good now

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: May 01, 2018, 11:54:27 PM »
So I’m in Indiana as of 2100 yesterday. Today started early with GLO oriented meetings then collection of assets I purchased back.

As of 1400 today I visited my Dad who is now 81. This turned into a 5 hour job of cleaning his place & making arrangements for several things to help him with his on going needs. He’s not getting around good at all, it is amazing the change I have witnessed in him in 8 to 9 months since I was last here. Needless to say my trip itinerary has been changed and extended so I can get him squared away. Also have new contacts for neighbors who have been concerned and are willing to keep me better informed as well. Rough day in all, hopefully tomorrow is better.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: May 02, 2018, 12:04:37 AM »
Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold.   Don must have good neighbors to not rob him blind

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: May 02, 2018, 03:06:52 AM »
Shower looks good, but why did you grout the wood????????   :wink:

Know what you mean Sean. Moms alert went off today at 0620 and was a false. Neighbor and fire were there before me (10min). Really getting worried about her. She is just getting tired of being tired,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:32 AM »
Lost my glasses so I went to the eye Dr to order some new ones. Just happens that my prescription is up this month. They squeezed me in right away. My contact prescription did not change but I officially have bifocal lenses in my glasses now. They cost an extra $400. Oh but the good news is because I don't have vision insurance if I bought another pair of frames I get another set of lenses free. So I picked out a cheap pair of frames and got prescription sun glasses. By cheap I mean $145 because all the others were near 200 bucks.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: May 02, 2018, 07:42:41 AM »
Shower looks good, but why did you grout the wood????????   :wink:

Know what you mean Sean. Moms alert went off today at 0620 and was a false. Neighbor and fire were there before me (10min). Really getting worried about her. She is just getting tired of being tired,,,,,,,,,,

Yep, mine should be in assisted living. He doesn’t want that & I understand so it won’t be pushed yet. He is just tired, the fight has all but left him. That I think is the hardest part to see. At present time he still has the ability to come and go as he pleases. He’s fully aware of the situation getting worse and has acknowledged changes that need to take place and getting people in to help on a regular basis. In his case I don’t see this going on much longer, his health is deteriorating quickly.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: May 02, 2018, 07:51:55 AM »

If you ever make it up this direction let me know. The lights always on if you need a place to stay. :)
Mike

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: May 02, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »

If you ever make it up this direction let me know. The lights always on if you need a place to stay. :)

I will definitely take you upon that "tom bodette"
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: May 02, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »

Yep, mine should be in assisted living. He doesn’t want that & I understand so it won’t be pushed yet. He is just tired, the fight has all but left him. That I think is the hardest part to see. At present time he still has the ability to come and go as he pleases. He’s fully aware of the situation getting worse and has acknowledged changes that need to take place and getting people in to help on a regular basis. In his case I don’t see this going on much longer, his health is deteriorating quickly.

Unfortunately, my mom has about given up. It is more us now telling her how much we need her around vs what she says, but she is really loosing it too. Health is really going, not much helps anymore.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: May 02, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »

Unfortunately, my mom has about given up. It is more us now telling her how much we need her around vs what she says, but she is really loosing it too. Health is really going, not much helps anymore.
I'm sorry for you JR

Been through all of that

Its just no good, but all of us get to do it

Just a hard time in your life, then afterward, you miss them

What I hate about dementia is that they seem to get takes from you and they are still alive. Dammed cruel disease in my opinion.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6315 on: May 03, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
THX Don. It is one of those things you have to go through, tough to explain. Spending what time I can with her without going nutz. My dad went as best as it can get. Went to sleep, never woke up but way to young at 63 not seeing any grand kids.

Now number 2 glowplug is acting up. Ordered an extra this time. Can't see doing them all when 1/2 have been replaced!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: May 03, 2018, 06:10:33 AM »
Well on Tuesday I paid $620 for my Jeep's service, then declined when the dealership tried to charge me $470 for labor to install a new radiator. I went to O'Reilly yesterday and bought a radiator for $160. So that's my last couple days.

So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: May 03, 2018, 08:26:10 AM »
What did you do to the radiator.......isnt that a pretty new jeep?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:48 AM »
Well on Tuesday I paid $620 for my Jeep's service, then declined when the dealership tried to charge me $470 for labor to install a new radiator. I went to O'Reilly yesterday and bought a radiator for $160. So that's my last couple days.

Ouch!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6319 on: May 03, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
Starting the fourth round of Chemo today. After this one hopefully only two more to go after today. Then another PET scan mid July and hope for all clear. If not rinse and repeat.

I'm in the wrong line of work. Cost is outrageous. We passed our family contributions for the year in March. All in minus meds deductions equal meds @ $12 k per year. Thank God I don't have to pay it all. I totaled up just of the bills and over $250K. Not including the Chemo treatments.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:25:21 PM by cruizng »
Mike

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: May 03, 2018, 03:09:02 PM »
Praying for you right now sir.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: May 03, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
Darnit Mike, I thought you were past all that. Prayers sent.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: May 03, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
Prayers sent - hang tough Mike!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: May 03, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »
Prayers sent Mike

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: May 03, 2018, 07:07:04 PM »
More prayers your way Mike.

I ordered a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for a S&W Shield. I gave appendix another try but it’s just not for me. I’ve got just enough pudge that even the Shield prints quite a bit. A Milt Sparks salesperson informed me that Hawktech Arms has them in stock if I didn’t want to wait 12-16 weeks. Hawktech shipped it out less than 3 hours after I completed the order.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: May 03, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
I thought you were through everything. Fourth round...My goodness

In my prayers right now.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: May 03, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
Hang tough Mike.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: May 04, 2018, 06:10:19 AM »
What did you do to the radiator.......isnt that a pretty new jeep?

It started a small leak recently. It's a 2013 but it's not covered by my warranty. Oh well, I'll get it taken care of.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: May 04, 2018, 06:15:29 AM »
I rearranged the garage so I could fit the tractor in the taller section beside the blazer.  One garage door is just under 7 ft tall, the other is over 8 ft.  I was tired of having to drop the ROPS and the boom on the backhoe every time i drove into the garage. Definitely made parking it easier last night when I was done. Plus I don’t have to remember to do all my old gyrations coming and going from the garage.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: May 04, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »
Thanks for all the prayers guys. It indeed helps. I thought I would be done in January after my surgery and chemo/radiation in October of last year. When they did the follow up PET scan they found that the cancer had metastasized to my lungs and bone area in my lower spine and right  hip. Lucky ME! they said they only see this in 5% of the people that have my type of Cancer.  :knucklehead:

So they immediately set me up with 3 rounds of heavy Chemo over 9 weeks and then PET scanned again in April after those to see how it did. Great news there was the bone and spine ones were "resolved" or gone and the lung spots had shrunken to a point they almost couldn't measure them. So the Chemo is working so very positive. So I will keep my Kojak hairdo for a couple more months and hopefully in July get the all clear that I was looking for in January.

It really isn't all that bad when you compare it to all of the human suffering that goes on in the world and what injured Vets have to put up with when they come back. I have the best healthcare team on the planet at Mayo and when I see some of the crap like the Arizona VA it just boils my blood. Abject shame.

Also when it rains it pours. I was in Boise last weekend to visit my Mom. A month ago she was diagnosed with terminal Pancreas and Liver Cancer. So they give her about 3 to 6 months to live. So please throw a prayer in for her also that she can manage her pain and have a somewhat dignified end of life.

Bummer out! :)
Mike

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6330 on: May 04, 2018, 10:51:48 AM »
Saying a Prayer for you and your family.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: May 04, 2018, 11:21:04 AM »
GLO Update

So after spending an hour on the phone with the credit card processor we can now accept payments......

I also deleted the facebook link as I will not be using that (at the moment) and changed that button to Sq D thread here, GLO is also no longer sending heathens to DMAX site for CMAX but to here and maybe they will find some useful information and a cadre of great men!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: May 04, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
Are you keeping glo in indiana or moving to colorado?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: May 04, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
IDK, lol we'll see how it all plays out. I will be building the diff covers and other components here. Wheel parts for time being are being built and processed in Indiana still.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: May 04, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
Prayers sent, get well!

Nice update Sean.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: May 04, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
IDK, lol we'll see how it all plays out. I will be building the diff covers and other components here. Wheel parts for time being are being built and processed in Indiana still.

So anything for mine? Plans for it?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: May 04, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
Had some fixes to do on a house

Sometimes folks get off the ladder before they complete their job I guess.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: May 05, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »
I drove the K5 Blazer in yo work yesterday morning, weather was nice enough, so no too and windows down. I had started to get into the drone of the tires when the 18 Wheeler next to me became a 17 Wheeler in a rather dramatic fashion. The inboard tire right next to me on the trailer blew, and with no windows or top to tone it down, that was a loud rude awakening. Luckily the Lane next to me was empty so I was able to get some space. Looked over to see a huge cloud of dust and flashes of fire where the tire had been. He got pulled over fine and I continued on my way. The rest of the day was mostly uneventful. .

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: May 05, 2018, 07:29:32 AM »
I haven't been doing much at all this week. Hauling some beans and waiting for the rain to dry up.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: May 05, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »

So anything for mine? Plans for it?

No, lol  :tongue:

Honestly, haven’t thought that far ahead. My opinion is there’s a market there though, I will be addressing the GLO product line in stages. Some stuff will no longer be available (once I fire sale some inventory) and more parts will then be added. There will be many conversations between now and where I end up so maybe we should discuss more. I know you were wanting bumpers, but I’m sure there are other weak spots to address as well on that Jeep.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: May 05, 2018, 04:04:29 PM »
cleaned out all of the old nasty mulch, replanted some decent flowers, reset all of the edging, sprayed ground clear on bare ground where all the weeds were coming thru and then put new mulch down.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: May 05, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
Is anyone actually paying for tire rotation and balance these days?  I had been using les shwab for some of the wife’s stuff but they just tried to charge me $120 for my truck.  I laughed and said I would go back to Jacks tire & oil 

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: May 05, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »
I never have them balanced, but since I have been ordering all my tires online from discount tire direct now I rotate them myself. I won’t pay $15 or $20 to have it done....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: May 05, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »
You don’t get your tires balanced? Do they come balanced ?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: May 05, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »
I don't know why people would want to just add the balance beads.

Only issue is the smaller beads getting into the air pressure monitor device. however now there are filters for those.

When the tires are new, throw in a bag of beads, and forget about out of balance tires for their entire life...Simple!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6345 on: May 05, 2018, 07:26:40 PM »
You don’t get your tires balanced? Do they come balanced ?

I mount the tires and have them balanced, I don’t have it done when they are rotated. Off road tires get beads.....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: May 05, 2018, 10:22:37 PM »
Tile saw questions.   Is this a decent way to go?

RIGID Wet Tile Saw http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/52043853

The add is mislabeled it’s actually the 8 inch saw,  it’s two years old

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:55:26 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: May 05, 2018, 10:35:20 PM »
You seem to be missing the question in your post...?

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: May 05, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »
I’ve been wanting to try a set of Centramatic balancers. I can’t see a reason why they wouldn’t work as advertised.

https://youtu.be/bO1DfQ5rOeY

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:57:43 PM by longball »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: May 05, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »
You seem to be missing the question in your post...?

Fixed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal