Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door  (Read 35107 times)

Online stlaser

• View Profile
Re: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »
Oh, forgot to mention, I was not, make that definitely not going to use the stock wheels. I don't like them either.

One is in fact a 60 but not both.....

Yeah, ditch the stock wheels and you can run a 33? tire, it will rub on the front a bit. Mine are 32.8? duratracs......

I do really like the OME heavy duty suspension I might add.
Learn the rules like a pro so that you can break them like an artist -Pablo Picasso-

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:52 AM »
This setup is what I was thinking about although with the duratrac tires
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Online stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »
You didn?t mention you were adding flat fenders...
Learn the rules like a pro so that you can break them like an artist -Pablo Picasso-

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
Yea, I don't like the look of those stockers, and she already rubbed on on a passing Honda.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »
And BTW Shawn,
I wanted a two door rag top. Ended up with the four door hard top girly jeep

I owned two CJ-7's. Neither had a second door. One was a soft top. I rolled that one over. The top wasn't on, so yep, no damage (to the top)
Hard top station wagon jeeps are just hard to drive, poor handling Kia tucson's to me.

Online stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:50 PM »
And BTW Shawn,
I wanted a two door rag top. Ended up with the four door hard top girly jeep

I owned two CJ-7's. Neither had a second door. One was a soft top. I rolled that one over. The top wasn't on, so yep, no damage (to the top)
Hard top station wagon jeeps are just hard to drive, poor handling Kia tucson's to me.

I agree, liked my 2 door much more. My 3 girls were a bit shorter back then & getting them in & out was much easier. So in a few years I see the wife unit & I reverting back to a 2 door bronco! :wink:

In the meantime I?ll keep playing with this. In reality the wheel base is just about right with the 4 door. I assumed this reminded you of that H2 thing you owned but more versatile or potentially more capable at least. The wheel base on mine is getting stretched probably 3-4? yet in the rear to make things function & look correct after the latest upcoming mods.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:30:30 PM by stlaser »

Online stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2017, 05:33:16 PM »
Yea, I don't like the look of those stockers, and she already rubbed on on a passing Honda.

A drawer on my tool box sticking out gouged my front passenger fender. I?m changing ours up too, those bushwhacker flat plastic fenders are ok & I ran them on the tj

Online TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2017, 08:33:31 PM »
Hmmm. Don rolls jeep. Tells story to MPs....I seem to recall a story like that being told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:21:13 PM by nmeyer414 »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
Hmmm. Don rolls keep. Tells story to MPs....I seem to recall a story like that being told n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, that's the one

If you are determined to screw up, then by golly, do it spectacularly!

Online stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
OK, back on task after the Boss sidetracked us into DOT land once again......

So I decided I was tired of looking at that nifty aluminum heat shield I built sitting on my work bench. So I started by pulling the battery & tray then got stuck on that one bolt that was tough going in originally. So somehow it cut a thread off the bolt in the process of install or uninstall and I needed to use the welder to get a regular wrench head welded on it to muscle it out. Now the nuts for these bolts are welded under the mount for the CPU and I'm guessing the battery tray guys welded a little hot and then did not run a tap thru the threads afterwards. So once I removed said bolt that is exactly what I did. USPS welding shield, Don should be proud and it didn't even catch fire.....

So after fighting to remove the tray I mounted up the new heat shield including these little 1/4" thick aluminum washers.

Then on to the install, I did have to massage that upper stud again on the fire wall. The base of it was wider than the stud itself creating a shoulder that needed narrowed up. Used a 4" grinder and in under a minute it was narrow enough to engage the tray easily.

Inner fender pulled down you can see this clears the headers with room to spare.

Finished it off with a foot of 3/8" ID fuel hose split on one side and then slid over the top to keep the heater hoses from wearing through.

Now to buy some more electrical components to finish up the dual battery install.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:52:50 PM by stlaser »

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 16, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
Tip of the day: Usin' Cardboard boxes as welding spatter control devices...Brilliant! :likebutton: