Hello Guest

Author Topic: BDU Shorts  (Read 959 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BDU Shorts
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
I've had really bad luck with Propper Woodland Camo BDU shorts in 100% Cotton.

I have many other Propper BDU shorts that have held up well with the poly/cotton fabric but the BDU in Woodland camo only come in 100% cotton.  3 pairs have had seam failure in the crotch and/or seat seams.  The stitching fails.

Anyone have a brand recommendation for high quality BDU shorts?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: BDU Shorts
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
they are wearing out on you like that because they are not the same fabric as the woodland green BDU Trousers.

my recommendation would be to go with these

https://www.amazon.com/Camouflage-Military-Pants-Fatigues-Woodland/dp/B00375DH1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467652406&sr=8-1&keywords=us+army+woodland+camo+BDU+pants

they are made by rothco, and were the same ones that we were issued.  get them a little long, take them to a good seamstress and have her either cut them and make true shorts out of them or have her cut them and have a zipper sewn in so that way you can have pants or shorts (hence getting them in long).

the other thing you could do, would be to check out your local military surplus store and get a pair or 3 from them?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BDU Shorts
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »
Thanks Nate.  I ordered some Rothco shorts.  They are made of the same material so hopefull they'll do as well.  The propper were fine as long as it was the poly cotton and not the 100% cotton.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal