TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Foldable Saw Horses

(1/5) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, so my el cheapo Stanley ones (well at least one of them) were destroyed in a horrendous construction accident building the framework for my back deck. Long story short a 2x10 heavy, wet treated drop fell on the lower support which didn't even blink much less put up a fight.

So with that stated I'm ready to invest in a new set. I've viewed a few different versions on this site. So what are you guys using?

Don, for the record I've viewed your wood & cardboard stuff plenty of times as with everyone else so no need to reply with that crap btw......

TexasRedNeck:
I use the metal foldable ones with a 2x4 screwed to the top.

Ebco brand.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/EBCO-29-in-Steel-Saw-Horse/3073379?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-WorkSupports-_-3073379:EBCO&CAWELAID=&kpid=3073379&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=2840&k_clickID=ef30147f-aab2-456e-866b-7c834475ec09

Light and portable. Easy to store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
Lowes has some pretty cool wooden ones. And I think they come in a HD cardboard box, so you could get some welding projects done as well! ;-))

Nate:
I have a set of these with a 4 x 4 screwed to the top.  they are the base for my garage table when not needed as dedicated saw horses.

stlaser:
OK, so here's the final update. I try to be frugal with my funds and as such hate buying tools more than once. This is my third and hopefully last set for a good while. I took your guys up and went to Lowes and looked at those sheet metal units. Then sitting right next to them were the high dollar units made by Rockwell. So I ended up spending some good money and purchased two of the Jawstands. Pretty much everything I do is by myself and this acts as an extra set of hands depending on the job. The adjustability and versatility of these units is what sold me and lightened my wallet all in one fail swoop. I have used them several times and they are handy and seem to hold up to drops of 2x12's on the legs. The powder coat gets a little scuffed but nothing has bent or broke just yet. They came fully assembled which was a nice feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version