FOOD CORNER > Canning & Food Storage

Vacuum Bagging??

(1/5) > >>

JR:
 Looking at getting one of these for awhile. Seems versatile, lots of bags sizes and could be used for about anything, like ammo too.

Who has one, do you like it and what do you recommend?

BobbyB:
I'll have to look at the one I have up at my parent's place. It's handy for breaking the big bags of chicken breasts and etc down for smaller meals for the week or whatnot. It hasn't failed in the years we've used it. Only thing I remember is the one we have we have to cut the bags to size, and I think the newer style ones have pre-cut bags in sizes and etc.

Flyin6:
Still need to freeze though???

Electricity??

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on October 03, 2014, 08:23:12 AM ---Still need to freeze though???

Electricity??

--- End quote ---

Only if it requires freezing. You can vacuum seal up some rice and dried bean together for small quick meals for camping/hunting/survival needs. Vacuum seal jerky in small batches as well for the same reason, plus you wouldn't have to worry about water getting in the bag through a zipper seal.

JR:
Well as much for food as other things. It is for use now mostly.

I have zip bags and use the *** out of them, but the compactness of vacuuming adds ridigity too.

As for power, that is something for another forum, but I think everyone needs some back if even just for charging batteries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version