Hello Guest

Author Topic: Dreaded Transfer case rub and skid plate, Dmax  (Read 2182 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dreaded Transfer case rub and skid plate, Dmax
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »
Yep, I got it at around 95 K. Thought it was the rear seal at first and talked to Nate about.

Since this IS an issue with looks like pre 07 Dmaxs, what repairs have you guys used?

Right now I did the epoxy fix to hold me for a few more weeks and filled her with 5/30 synthetic.

I also plan to ad to the skid plate that stops just past the tcase that may save it once if going forward, but will do no good otherwise.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dreaded Transfer case rub and skid plate, Dmax
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
There's a kit...

Nate, you have this?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
JR, here is the link to MA.  i know it comes up as an LBZ but just maneuver to what year is yours.  this kit comes with step by step inst on how to do this.  i would also recommend getting the aftermarket magnetic plugs as well.

http://www.merchant-automotive.com/p-4017-transfer-case-pump-upgrade-kit.aspx

also, if you already have a hole in the case you will need to get a case half from wither the dealer or the junk yard (which might be cheapest).
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Oh ya, I know about the kit and the fix. Know I don't have long in this condition but the fluid loose has stopped with the JB as I did have a hole.

Do you think the plate or the whole new pump plate, and which case? There is both alum and the alloy that is stock, both are around 2 bills.

THX

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline DBooneTx

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
I've had the kit for months now and haven't had time to put it in. I'm up to 224,000 miles hoping mine can hold out a little longer
2004 Chevy DRW 4X4 crew cab LB7, Nicktane with Cat filter, Silverline 5" exhaust straight pipe dumped with 6" tip, ported turbo horn, PPE Boost Valve, Ranch hand bumper on the front and custom hauler bed on the back with 108 gallon transfer tank, Edge CTS, EFI live, FASS sittin on Ultra phantom's

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
The kit with plugs is $100, not sure what the junk yard would sell half a case for?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »
There all over ebay, both kinds.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal