Hello Guest

Author Topic: Kelly Edge?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Kelly Edge?
« on: January 13, 2017, 07:58:51 AM »
So the dealer put Kelly Edge rubber on the front tires of the soon to be mine K2500 suburban. I have a serious OCD about symetry and matching components so first order of business is getting new meat on the rear.

Would the Kelly Edge be a good option all around or should i replace all 4 and keep those 2 as spares?

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Edge?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:23:50 AM »
Door #2. jmho
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:29:16 AM »
Door #2. jmho

replace all 4?

when it comes to tires i dont play games. I wanna have the best meat on the wheels as i can.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »
Wait, so it still has Geolanders in the back?

As far as kellys.... just not very common. Probably a step up from the china ones at pep  boys, but when it comes to a heavy rig like a suburban, I would stick to a name brand that's known to handle the extra weight , especially when the wife/kids is going to be primary driver. Either leave it the way it is, til the kellys wear out, or do all 4.     Again, just my opinion.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »
Wait, so it still has Geolanders in the back?

As far as kellys.... just not very common. Probably a step up from the china ones at pep  boys, but when it comes to a heavy rig like a suburban, I would stick to a name brand that's known to handle the extra weight , especially when the wife/kids is going to be primary driver. Either leave it the way it is, til the kellys wear out, or do all 4.     Again, just my opinion.

i know the dealer is going to put the cheapest they can find on it - to pass inspection. I'm not expecting to pull blood from a stone with them, but i wanna make sure the rig is squared away.

I may just swap out all 4 and call it a day. I can do my usually calls locally and beat them all up on prices till I get them for under cost. lol.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »
I would replace all 4 and keep the two Kellys as spares. But, that's just me. :beercheers:
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 10:32:59 AM »
I would replace all 4 and keep the two Kellys as spares. But, that's just me. :beercheers:

yeah thats the plan. i need to swallow the cost of replacing, but i know i cant draw blood from a stone when it comes to dealerships.

ill be at discount tire on monday to get final options and prices.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
See if they will give you deal on 2 more Kelly's? You still get 2 spares but only have to buy 2 tires.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »
See if they will give you deal on 2 more Kelly's? You still get 2 spares but only have to buy 2 tires.

they dont sell them.

i am taking the beast in tomorrow for 4 pathfinders tires.
http://www.discounttire.com/en/buy-tires/pathfinder-sport-sat/p/19123

i may go with the AT's, but i gotta see if i can talk them down more in price.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 06:59:20 PM »
so those pathfinders were total piles of garbage. i walked in there yesterday am and got coop discovery ATP's put on. they cost me some serious $, but that truck drives amazing.

the pathfinders felt like i was all over the road. the steering was loose, handling was awful. I was told they were pretty good tires. The salesman who sold them to me was there yesterday and saw the look on my face as i told the other guy who i was sold piles of crap.

fun times.
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal