Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

Dedicated GPS devices vs smartphones for (moto) navigation

<< < (3/3)

turn_one:
Chief- I'm not too familiar with cases but will be soon because I'll be getting one for my 6+.  Plan on having something beefy that can be transferred between the mountain bike and the moto.  Will make sure to let you know what I find.

In the meantime, check out Avenza, download some USGS topos (all free) and see if you like it. You could make some trail maps of your property then digitize and geo-reference those maps and upload them to your library. Kind of cool.

stewie:
I hate relying on my phone for everything. Some people need it just to get through daily life which is sad. that being said, i dont use my phone for gps. My car has an older standalone garmin and my wife's has a dvd based nav.

I am a big fan of old school paper maps still.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: turn_one on February 13, 2017, 12:48:33 PM ---Chief- I'm not too familiar with cases but will be soon because I'll be getting one for my 6+.  Plan on having something beefy that can be transferred between the mountain bike and the moto.  Will make sure to let you know what I find.

In the meantime, check out Avenza, download some USGS topos (all free) and see if you like it. You could make some trail maps of your property then digitize and geo-reference those maps and upload them to your library. Kind of cool.

--- End quote ---
I like it

I will...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version