Hello Guest

Author Topic: The Bus  (Read 84235 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: The Bus
« Reply #550 on: October 26, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »
So I had a mil light for a while and assumed it was the glow plug circuit again. And then I was losing power steering fluid too. Bought a hydroboost and it?s been sitting in the shop for 6 months as I haven?t had time to get to it with all the work on the casita.

So I dropped it at a buddies house who?s a mechanic for Fed Ex and he?s the only guy more anal than me. He found it was the hose and not the hydroboost. Then he found the boot from the air intake pipe to intake horn was deteriorating along with the air filter and a few fuel hoses.

Pulled codes and found the pressure regulator was stuck wide open. Now I know why it was running a bit rough and lopey. Got that replaced and the hoses and new filter.  The silicone boot I ordered was the wrong size so back to the drawing board there.

Also tested the fog lamp switch and found it to be bad but it?s discontinued.  The LBZ switch is available but with a different harness and the plug is $125 from the dealer in addition to the $75 switch. Uh no. Not even for the guy who is so anal

Will figure something else out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 26, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
A lot of times those switches on the left side just need re soldered.   You could crack it open and look at the circuit card.  Might be a free fix

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:48 PM »
Sounds you actually got off easy. I still don't have dash lights.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 26, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »
Thanks Ryan. Already got one off eBay but mine has cargo lamp and fog

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1999-2001-CHEVY-SILVERADO-TRUCK-FOG-CARGO-LIGHT-LAMP-SWITCH-SILVERADO-15735837-/381147084568?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 27, 2018, 07:30:08 AM »
What am I looking at Ken?  Is that the switch for the 2006 and a matching pig tail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online KensAuto

• Just call me Bounty.... always absorbing abuse
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 27, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
Yeah
.. problem is, I think all the wires are white.... typical Delco.....so I looked for a connector wire code in Mitchell and couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:24:46 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:32 AM »
I have the factory shop manuals. The switch only completes the ground to the bcm to so I suspect it?s not that complicated

I have had success in using mouser to find the pins and connectors.  It?s hard because their interface is complicated but you can find most anything.  When I did all the wiring for the add ons for my lml I found all the factory stuff which kept splices to near zero

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk