Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door  (Read 64137 times)

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
Re: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door
« Reply #750 on: August 12, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »
^^^ That was a verifiable Ash sighting right there!

Yippee!

It was and he almost became bear food twice, Charles you hearing this? Texans don?t belong up north in bear country, they quickly become bear snacks!
Unretired, sweeping floor at GLO once again & making coffee.

Offline OldKooT

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 12, 2018, 11:36:03 PM »
Glad to see you got the shaft man. I kinda forgot you made those 14bolt girdles. Might have to try some at some point.

LoL @ weight conscious....Your just worried my M37 will be lighter :grin:

Norm

Are you a prepper?  "No, whats a prepper? I am just a mildly OCD farmer"

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 12, 2018, 11:41:24 PM »
Not that worried, those m37?s are pigs too

Offline OldKooT

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:36 PM »
I will be interested what yrs weighs when done. I am going to be under 5000lbs I am quite confident. BTW 5 hours 20 min from Mc Donald's to my place.

Norm

Online TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 13, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »
Sounds like a challenge Shawn. I have a few things for bear.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline OldKooT

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »
Nah no challenge, He is sorta stuck to a degree with Jeeps design. Add a cage/bumpers/big tires, heavy axles Jeeps just get portly.

The M37 is 5,687lbs  according to the US Military. This is a "air drop" weight figure. That's with full fluids,combat ready. So, hardly lightweight.

Toss out the troop seats, the brackets for them. The canvas rear "top", the hoops/supports you have already dropped close to 325lbs.

The combat wheels/tires/tubes weigh 225lbs a piece. Likely can drop some weight here also.

The radiator is 180lbs of brass. the wiring weighs exactly (72 lbs total)  I have a new OEM harness in the box. That doesn't include the 35lbs of regulator,turn signal, and assorted other hefty 1950's mil excess. The light switch weighs 4.8lbs.

The real deal weight dropping will be in the frame/bed. The M37 frame is heavy enough bare I can't easily lift one end. The Bronco/F150 frame I can lift and move around.

The bed is almost dead on 1000lbs. It's a hefty built piece. I can build the same shape/size in aluminum for a huge weight savings. I don't need a 1/8 thick steel floor/side skins to haul a cooler, tent, tools, and what ever else accumulates back there.

I doubt a Aluminum head Big Block Ford/C6 weighs any more than the OEW Chrysler flat head/T19 combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Front Dana 60 I use with one of the GLO covers is any heavier than that OEM M37 closed knuckle axle with brake drums that are 125lbs a piece. It's likely lighter.

I could be totally wrong, but I have put some thought into this....I think 4500 ready to drive/wheel is possible.

I am probably lighter than Shawn, being a midget old man and all.  LoL

Norm

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 13, 2018, 05:18:13 PM »
OK, so I forgot how squirrely a jeep with a manual trans and a rear mechanical locker can be! LOL, I also had to take back something I told Tate and order a set of lockouts. That front 60 with detroit is going to need lockouts versus drive slugs. I'm itching for the larger tires but it's nice to have the jeep in the correct rpm range after each shift too.

Other than the drivers side e-brake being adjusted a little too tight the break in went well this morning. No issues and after several runs and around 25 miles the noisey e-brake loosened up enough to be quit once more. All is well on the jk front....

As far as Norm and weights I won't get into an arguement with him but I bet he can tell me how much his high school sweet heart weighed..... :popcorn: :laugh: :laugh: