Hello Guest

Author Topic: Coconut oil  (Read 3325 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Coconut oil
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
So I stumbled across this being used for sunscreen & my daughters already use it for a number of girly things. I then wondered how many uses there are for this substance & come to find out it looks like one article which I'll list below shows 77 uses. Maybe this is something I should stock more of now. It lasts for up to 3 years, this has so many uses wasn't sure where to put it so I threw it in here.

https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/

& this link shows 101

https://wellnessmama.com/5734/coconut-oil/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:44:21 AM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut oil
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
there is also studies that show it helps inflammatory diseases, like Crohn's
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 07:27:25 PM »
Thanks for putting this up!

Maybe copy it over to the medical section...???
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 10:12:24 PM »
Thanks for putting this up!

Maybe copy it over to the medical section...???

Or the cooking?

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:54:57 PM »
We use coconut oil for quite s few things around the house, from cooking to cosmetics. Put a good spoonful in our stovetop popcorn popper instead of veggie oil, gives the popcorn a good fresh taste. If you do anything with essential oils, it is a real good carrier oil or for dilution. My wife uses it for cleaning off the war paint at night, cuts through all the crud and moisturizers st the same time.   We buy ours in bulk, by the gallon from A company called Soapers Choice.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:24:29 AM »
I put some coconut oil in my coffee to try it out.... once! It smelled like an Almond Joy candy bar, but it most definitely did NOT taste like it.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
We have a big gallon jar of the semi-solid form of the stuff. I had no clue what to use it for!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:44:41 AM »
Someone told me you can spread a protective layer on pink foam board & it will stops bullets! It also brings out a nice gloss shine to pretty it up a bit. Anyhow that was the story I heard..... :facepalm:

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:46 AM »
 Coconut oil for run screen. Hmmm anyone else remember that sinfield episode where Kramer used butter to tan?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline CSM

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »
We get the cold pressed, unrefined stuff from Costco and use it every day. My wife uses it for makeup removal and skin moisturizing, but we also put it into our morning coffee (with some sweetner) and blend it in the blender to froth it up like a cappuccino. Even use it as a teeth whitener... and it works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »
I hate coconut.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 06:35:48 AM »
So since we now have a CSM on the board does that mean walking on the grass and putting hands in pockets is now verboten?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
My wife likes to use it for a lot of things.  She uses it in solid form for lotion type stuff and cooking.  I personally don't care for it when she cooks with it.  Probably because I cook everything in butter.  She also has it in a liquid form that she uses with her essential oils. 

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »
We get the cold pressed, unrefined stuff from Costco and use it every day. My wife uses it for makeup removal and skin moisturizing, but we also put it into our morning coffee (with some sweetner) and blend it in the blender to froth it up like a cappuccino. Even use it as a teeth whitener... and it works great.

Bobby,

if you don't blend it, like he stated you wind up with a slightly coconut flavor oil slick on the surface. blended is OK but careful you don't use too much or you wind up with excessive lubrication of internal hydraulics and waste management systems.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »

Bobby,

if you don't blend it, like he stated you wind up with a slightly coconut flavor oil slick on the surface. blended is OK but careful you don't use too much or you wind up with excessive lubrication of internal hydraulics and waste management systems.

There was an oil slick. I blended it, well I put it in the coffee and mixed it with a spoon. But I didn't put my coffee in the blender, I think for hot coffee that's a crime.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »

[/quote]

There was an oil slick. I blended it, well I put it in the coffee and mixed it with a spoon. But I didn't put my coffee in the blender, I think for hot coffee that's a crime.
[/quote]

Trust me, I agree with you. I had to "try" the butter coffee trend too when facebook told her to. the blender was the only way to make it work, but yes, criminal. Black and in a cup works great for me.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »
tater, you need to go stand in the corner for such violations of the black go go juice............................!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:48:15 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »
Coconut quoffee...
SMH...
 :knucklehead:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »
I was coerced, forced, held at gunpoint, ransomed, guilted into it tells ya.

Offline CSM

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
I always drank my coffee black, until I started doing it this way a couple of years ago. Unlike a certain helicopter pilot we all know, who has to foo foo it up with all kinds of chemical sweetners before he's able to take a sip :)

Thankful for the life God's blessed me with... beautiful wife, great kids, and time to be with them!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
I at least converted said helicopter pilot to use "bourbon creme" to lighten and sweeten his coffee.....while the supply lasted!  Given that he's in the motherland for such libations, there really is no excuse for him to have strayed for said conversion, except for the obvious fact that his hefty intake of said liquid would probably ended with him visiting Betty Fords Clinic. :shocked:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
That could explain all the damage to the equipment

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »

Corey, is that what she put in my coffee that night down at your place?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »
I always drank my coffee black, until I started doing it this way a couple of years ago. Unlike a certain helicopter pilot we all know, who has to foo foo it up with all kinds of chemical sweetners before he's able to take a sip :)

Thankful for the life God's blessed me with... beautiful wife, great kids, and time to be with them!

Not that kind of CSM Bobby!

He's my brother in law...initials...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:32:38 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »

Well, I'd still walk on the grass, put my hands in my pockets and have a beard (if I let one grow again) so HA.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »

Well, I'd still walk on the grass, put my hands in my pockets and have a beard (if I let one grow again) so HA.
I doubt he'd say anything about it!

Forgets to shave himself sometimes

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »
I doubt he'd say anything about it!

Forgets to shave himself sometimes

Geez the grooming standards are just falling apart!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal