Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

Dash Cams

<< < (2/4) > >>

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Spacecase544 on April 25, 2017, 11:01:11 PM ---I suppose you could use a Raspberry Pi micro computer running a modified Linux OS.  The board has Wi-Fi, so you could use the eyeFi card or a USB connection to the board.  Once on the board, connect it to an external hard drive or a thumb drive, since the onboard micro SD can only handle 32 GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Hm.

cruizng:
Bobby, Do you have the model # or specs? Do you have USB port? If the operating system allows for multiple drives you could just add a external hard drive.

I have this one and it is powered via the USB cable. 512Gb would be a good expansion. The key would be if your unit can power it and recognize the second external drive.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1060479&gclid=Cj0KEQjwioHIBRCes6nP56Ti1IsBEiQAxxb5Gwh0VCejwsLnVXYM9BDJQg5KKJaS2QzxoM-vZ858pRAaAgsO8P8HAQ&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&is=REG&A=details

rpar86:
Simple fix would be get a second 32gb card - one for AM, one for PM. 32GB is cheap -- $12 on amazon.

Some of these dash cams are I'm sure made with ancient leftover circuitry, so they likely can't/won't accept more than 32GB.

KensAuto:

--- Quote from: Spacecase544 on April 25, 2017, 11:01:11 PM ---I suppose you could use a Raspberry Pi micro computer running a modified Linux OS.  The board has Wi-Fi, so you could use the eyeFi card or a USB connection to the board.  Once on the board, connect it to an external hard drive or a thumb drive, since the onboard micro SD can only handle 32 GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Is this supposed to be English? Remember, you're talking to a grunt. (ok, he is younger and probably still smarter than me, but still...) lol

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on April 26, 2017, 04:52:30 PM ---

Sent from my SAsMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Is this supposed to be English? Remember, you're talking to a grunt. (ok, he is younger and probably still smarter than me, but still...) lol

--- End quote ---
And some of the rest of us are equally as challenged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version