TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Ridgid Tools

(1/4) > >>

Wilbur:
So this is a comment on Ridgid Tools of which I own none....weird right? Actually I think I own a Ridgid template for door hinges, but that's not really a tool as much as its an extruded plastic gauge.

Anyhoo.....I bought a DeWalt Cordless Impact Wrench (not impact Driver...an impact for lug nuts etc.). I wanted the 20V but the 18V was on sale and I'm not running a NASCAR crew so figured the 18v would be fine (and it is). But I only had the one battery that came with it. Then I misplaced the charger (don't ask.... :facepalm:). So over the weekend I went to HD to another battery and charger so I could always have one charged up. To buy a battery and charger they wanted $170....hmmm.....I don't think so. I looked around and sure enough...18v Impact Driver for $99....oh and it came with 2 batteries, charger and a bag. Done. (If you're following along here you obviously see how this thread is ALL about Ridgid right?  :rolleyes:).

Anyway....just as I'm set to go to checkout a HD guy comes up and asks me if I am all set. I tell him what I am getting, and kind of laughingly say I'd rather spend $99 on the driver, 2 batteries, charger and bag than $170 on a battery and charger.  He laughs and agrees. He then tells me he only buys Ridgid because they have a lifetime warranty which also includes the batteries. He said he has never had to buy a battery because when they go he just ships them back to Ridgid and they replace them. I had no idea their warranty covered everything....forever.

I'm a fan of DeWalt and Milwaukee stuff but this has me re-thinking things for future purchases. I just figured I would pass that on. And of course....last night I found the charger I misplaced. But now I can always have 2 batteries in chargers if I need to.   

rpar86:
Sorry Wibur, but i have to point out that they wanted to be different and as such, it is spelled 'Ridgid'...  :rolleyes:

Nate:
I know that they are made in ohio, and I truly look at them as HD version as kobalt is to lowes...............?

rpar86:
Yup -

HD -- Ridgid, Husky
bLowes -- Kobalt

stlaser:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on May 03, 2017, 08:04:39 PM ---I know that they are made in ohio, and I truly look at them as HD version as kobalt is to lowes...............?

--- End quote ---

I have a big 1/2" corded drill that has lifetime warranty & zero issues after hard use 13 years later. I also have a smaller 1/2" corded drill no issues. Then I just used the sawzall corded that I cut every small lug off of a set of 37" bloggers. One sawzall & 3 sets of leather gloves because every two lugs the gloves were so hot I rotated them. Literally the rubber hand guard was sliding off if the sawzall. Anyhow that's my real world experience with that brand. I'm hard on tools like Don is hard on things that fly.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version