VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Down and dirty rust treatment.

<< < (2/5) > >>

EL TATE:
Looks like a good project. were you just down the street from the scene or get called out to assist?

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: rpar86 on May 25, 2017, 02:37:54 PM ---Better yet - run a ground to everything and heat shrink like you do everything else. Wont have to worry about the exposed ring terminal and screw rusting over time and then chasing down electrical gremlins.

If you can -- throw some 1/2" PVC conduit on to run the wires through - fairly cheap and good protection.

--- End quote ---
Now that you say it, I did both on the skidoo trailer...

longball:
Thank for the tips gentleman. I've never used this product but it's the only thing I could source locally. $26/gallon from Sherwin Williams.
Tate, the wreck was about 1/8 mi from my front door. I didn't hear it due to the pressure washer but a neighbor did. He flagged me down thinking they may be injured. Firefighter/EMT is my day job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
If you get in my area, I have a couple trailers that need borrowing so they get cleaned up. Good job, it is so appreciated when someone cares enough to help with maintenance or repairs

EL TATE:

--- Quote from: longball on May 25, 2017, 04:19:53 PM ---Thank for the tips gentleman. I've never used this product but it's the only thing I could source locally. $26/gallon from Sherwin Williams.
Tate, the wreck was about 1/8 mi from my front door. I didn't hear it due to the pressure washer but a neighbor did. He flagged me down thinking they may be injured. Firefighter/EMT is my day job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I've used the Skyco when I was working for a lighting co. they had steel cornered wood crates for shipping $80k 5 axis motorized spotlights. we welded up all the banding all at one time and by the time it came to prep and paint there was rust abound. we wire wheeled everything and treated it with that as we went. still has several crates from 5-7 years ago w/ no rust under the rattle can krylon black we finally painted them with.

Knew about your day job, just curious about the randomness of the local accident. I don't miss wire wheel shrapnel from the shoddy pieces the owner bought. seemed I'd pull em from everywhere in the shower. Buy good quality on those my man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version