VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Question about 3/4 ton v 1 ton springs

<< < (2/3) > >>

EL TATE:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on July 10, 2017, 01:28:08 PM ---Just thinking out loud here.......

Maybe heavier duty tires....

Maybe an extra helper spring or 2........

3500 i believe has a long bed option.........

Maybe different gearing.........

Maybe different programing on the different control modules. .......

--- End quote ---

These are all correct thoughts. you do have them occasionally. :rolleyes: 10 ply vs. 8 ply, gearing can be had in deeper 4.10 for tow packages, but also available on the 3/4 ton. I had a long bed '07 2500, and programming I think can be had both ways with either truck. Helper springs? not sure, but possible?? I was really just focused on the 3/4 vs 1 ton spring question to be honest.

Wilbur:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on July 10, 2017, 01:28:08 PM ---Just thinking out loud here.......

Maybe heavier duty tires....

Maybe an extra helper spring or 2........

3500 i believe has a long bed option.........

Maybe different gearing.........

Maybe different programing on the different control modules. .......

--- End quote ---

Current Duramax (2500 and 3500) have basically the same body style options but no DRW on the 2500, that's only for the 3500- Just no double cab with a short bed in the 3500

2500- no DRW option
Reg Cab w/8' bed SRW
Double cab (the short 2nd door setup) with 6.5' bed or 8' bed SRW
Crew Cab (the longer 2nd door) 6.5' bed or 8' bed with SRW

Reg Cab w/8' bed SRW
Reg Cab w/8' bed DRW
Double cab (the short 2nd door setup) with 8' bed SRW
Double cab (the short 2nd door setup) with 8' bed DRW
Crew Cab (the longer 2nd door) 6.5' bed or 8' bed with SRW
Crew Cab (the longer 2nd door) w/ 8' bed with DRW

With the Duramax the only gearing option is the 3.73, the gas has the 4.10

cruizng:
Wilbur, Are you looking only new? Or a specific Duramax engine version? No DEF... etc..  :popcorn:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: EL TATE on July 10, 2017, 11:37:05 AM ---Not sure how relevant to more modern trucks, but I know mine had an option code for HD suspension leading me to believe there is a lighter duty option for even the duramax. mine was definitely 3500 series springs on a 2500 truck, but it was an '03. I think that the newer ones are all built the same suspension wise but like Don stated, simply a dually vs. single option.

--- End quote ---
There is Tate.

The 6.0 Silvy gets a different rear spring

I actually purchased a pair for SquareD, they have started to rust apart, but they were once pretty!

They are lower capacity which I read to mean: "Makes old Dodge trucks ride nicer."

KensAuto:
I am pretty sure the duallies (LML 2011 up) got their own solid spring pack.(texasredneck would know)

I know for sure, the difference between the 2500 and 3500 srw, was the 1 ton srw has an "add a leaf" on top of the 2500 spring pack, separated by a 1" block, that has separate contact pads bolted to the side of the frame. I was going to put those pads on my 2500 until I found out that you couldn't buy the add on leafs separate....had to buy the entire 3500 spring pack at the time for like 600.00 each. Now I have air bags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version