Hello Guest

Author Topic: To build or not to build  (Read 6136 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: To build or not to build
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
It is currently just down the street from where i am staying at in lincoln nebraska, and i can get info on it for somebody if they would be interested.

You in NB for work or did you relocate again?

Ill shoot you a txt a little later this morning
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 07:47:47 AM »
id be interested in knowing the specifics of it as well. condition and such.

maybe a few pics to go along ..?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
here you folks go.  I know nothing about this truck other than I have driven by it a few times.  there looks to be 1 spot with rot, but other than that, it looks pretty good?

if you folks are interested give the guy a call.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »

OldKooT

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »
That's a cool old IH  If that was a 4x4 I'd already own it. Nate ya want to catch coffee sometime yell man...we end up in Lincoln all the time.

OldKooT

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »
TRN.... I know I am late to the discussion because... Mustangs LoL 

How about a small Jeep Cherokee... dime a dozen, easy to modify, aftermarket parts everywhere. They can be had for peanuts, building one with a carb and a points ignition could be done. 4.0 six cylinder converted to a Carb, manual trans they are narrow, short, tougher than they look, and blend in very well. This seats wife/kids/dogs.....costs almost nothing, and blends in real well. They were also available in red  :grin:

If not I have a M37 I'll sell yah LoL

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »
Two votes for the XJ!!!!!! Where's Bobby when you need him? We can squeeze another vote from him I'm sure.......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:42 AM »
We have a bunch of guys up here that we call river rats. They spend their weekends driving up and down the river bed of the Platte river. They favor the Cherokee's because they just flat work. The required modifications to a truck to drive through 6' of water and to handle say a EMP  burst are quite similar. Well set up rigs run 35" rubber, de-computerized 4.0's and a pair of lockers. Because of the environment they run in, most don't spend much over say $3500 to build one.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »
Two votes for the XJ!!!!!! Where's Bobby when you need him? We can squeeze another vote from him I'm sure.......

I'll vote for it, however if he's expecting the passengers in the back to have a semblance of comfort then it might not work as in imagined. Plus side they are easy to work on, parts are cheap and they are pretty capable.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Online JR

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
Dang, even a hit from Norm!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal