Hello Guest

Author Topic: liquid stitches  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
liquid stitches
« on: June 16, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »
whos got the recipe for homemade liquid stitches?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: liquid stitches
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
super glue.  the home version of medical liquid stitches. Same stuff  I keep a tube in every med kit.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
There's a surgical version - little different chemical composition as straight superglue reacts bad with some people's physiology.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
There's a surgical version - little different chemical composition as straight superglue reacts bad with some people's physiology.

got a name for such a thing?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:39:31 AM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
liquid stitches
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
We've used a product called newskin, and have some around. It is similar to dermabond, but probably doesn't work as well.

We mostly use lavender essential oil now and let the wound heal itself, unless its bleeding profusely. Works wonders!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:45:46 PM by wyorunner »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »
We've used a product called newskin, and have some around. It is similar to dermabond, but probably doesn't work as well.

We mostly use lavender essential oil now and let the wound heal itself, unless its bleeding profusely. Works wonders!

We have a lot of essential oils at home and I did not know about lavender for healing. great tip!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »
I've used both Dermabond and Superglue, the only difference I can see is the dermabond doesn't burn quiteas much, and doesn't leave a hard flaky residue. Working in a commercial kitchen cuts are inevitable and during a good dinner rush I can' just stop to deal with a cut and superglue is a champ. I've got several deep cuts that really needed stitches that healed up better than lesser cuts that actually received stitches.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »
Typical of pharma    Change one molecule and jack the price 500%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal