TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Design software

<< < (2/4) > >>

JR:
Since you are doing plans and live you have to get it approved/permitted (quiet) I would just look at plans online or in a catalog.

Out here just the engineer for my my garage was $1500 ten years ago.

I also have a buddy who is doing my plans on ACad who loves doing garages all day long. Maybe scetch it out and I could see what he would charge for stamped plans or he may know where to look for RTG plans also.

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: stlaser on November 02, 2017, 10:02:47 PM ---I know this may sound crazy but you could go old school pencil and paper with a scale ruler.....

--- End quote ---
^ this is what I did.

And then when it came time to build I did window size and placement on the fly as I eyeballed the scale of the building and built the walls.

I had to add a dormer above the stairs to get the stairway headroom to code. Which is typically 6’8”. At 9/12 that means roughly 9 feet away from the eave for the stair opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear9350:
I had a local person who does plans on the side do mine.  She charged $500.  Not sure what you would be required to have though.  I was just doing a remodel and didn't expand the foot print of the old structure.  I only needed to get a building permit from the township.  They don't really have any requirements.  I didn't need to get anything inspected.

stlaser:
Even crazier, we used to just poor the footer & pad to size we wanted then wing the rest. Things like stairwells etc we decided on the fly similiar to what Tex did. If in doubt add more sq footage.....

TexasRedNeck:
Because stuff expands to fit all available space -George Carlin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version