RULES/WELCOMES > Site Rules & Introductions

New Guy from Oklahoma

<< < (7/7)

oklawall:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on November 30, 2017, 09:02:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: oklawall on November 29, 2017, 09:40:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: JR on November 28, 2017, 01:49:54 AM ---Welcome Steve!! I'm in Nor Cal by the way, even I avoid SoCal.

Looks like SD has been covered (with dust) but what 60 year old plane you trying to get running?

There has been at least guy here trying to help out Don with SD. I got a few parts from him for my sub-conversion, Lane.

--- End quote ---
I work in the KC-135 program office. The air force is still flay jets that came off the assembly line in 1958 :shocked:

--- End quote ---
When I was flying regional jets, I sometimes flew to Birmingham, Al where someone takes the old straight pipe motors off and hangs the new fans on that aging carcass. Did you folks ever upgrade the cockpit to some modern avionics? Or still just a big cat on the dash and a glass of water with a metal sliver floating for navigation?

--- End quote ---

When I started turning wrenches in the USAF they sported those, J 57 water burners smoked rattled and rolled. They have done a bunch of upgrades, even have a glass flight deck after all they want to fly these things to 2040 and beyond. 

oklawall:

--- Quote from: JR on November 30, 2017, 11:34:33 AM ---1958 was a good year. Yep still see the 135 sometimes over here by TAFB. Mostly the spook conversion though.

--- End quote ---

When I was started out at 22 a 24 year old airplane sounded so old now 58 isn't sounding that old. Big Safari jets can do some cool stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version