Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Guy from Oklahoma  (Read 4435 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Guy from Oklahoma
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
I got hooked on square D on another forum and followed it over here (maybe Flyin6 also). I a Duramax crew cab and mainly wanting to keep it as drive-able as possible and be able to make sure if somethings happens I can make it to family and to a safe place. 24 years in the Air Force turning wrenches on airplanes and now working there again but trying to find parts for a 60 year old airplane.

Steve

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »
Welcome!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »
Welcome Steve!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »
Howdy Steve!  Welcome. Well help you break the addiction to SqD since it will never run under its own power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
Howdy Steve!  Welcome. Well help you break the addiction to SqD since it will never run under its own power.

Yes Steve, Charles here heads up the support group for SQ D addictions/withdrawl. People like Ken hang around in this group as in general they like the idea of sharing their feelings. I believe he often vents about H losing the election too totally misdirecting the whole meeting. Pretty sure JR is attending as well due to his current residence of southern Cali and well you just have to attend these type of groups if you live in that state. Not sure who else resides in this group as I refuse to take the time to evaluate the group as a whole. These are just the rumors I have heard as of late...........

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »
Welcome Steve!  Finally another Air Force vet to bring the collective IQ of the veterans on the site up.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:11 PM »
Welcome Steve

Hey, we'll get that old dust covered truck running...somehow
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
Welcome Steve!

I can't believe we've brought up that dust covered wreck so quickly.
And chief even claims it will move now...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »
Welcome Steve!

I can't believe we've brought up that dust covered wreck so quickly.
And chief even claims it will move now...
That truck will move when one of us drive down and pull it out with a Chevy

Welcome to the group, remember we don’t mention the “other” group here just light fight club.  Rule number 1. Don’t talk about the other group
2...... jk

It’s a good group full of jokesters and hippies

Hey maybe if we put a confederate flag on the hood of the ol sq D it to might rise again

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
Welcome Steve,

if there is anything that we can assist you with just let us know and well see what we can do for you.  Where yah at in OK?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
I got hooked on square D on another forum and followed it over here (maybe Flyin6 also). I a Duramax crew cab and mainly wanting to keep it as drive-able as possible and be able to make sure if somethings happens I can make it to family and to a safe place. 24 years in the Air Force turning wrenches on airplanes and now working there again but trying to find parts for a 60 year old airplane.

Steve

Welcome Steve. Nice group of guys here.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »
Glad you are here. You will find this is a good group with a lot on knowledge. Won't even.iss the other place.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »
Why do you boneheads seem skittish to mention DuramaxForums??

I don't care, but maybe Shawn does since he was banned from there even more than he has been from here!

Heck I got banned from the place and I didn't do anything wrong and I don't have any bad feelings toward them. Why I'd allow them to advertise here if they wanted.

Fact is, honey always attracts more bees, so the goodins' are always going to end up here eventually. And the small percentage of coarse individually over there would not enjoy the frequent references to Jesus that are commonplace here.

Boneheads!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
Welcome Steve. It seems you have met the general group of good folks. As many have pointed out there are hippies, H lovers, and a load of vets, and a lot of good cooks!

Again Welcome.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 05:01:10 PM »
Why do you boneheads seem skittish to mention DuramaxForums??

I don't care, but maybe Shawn does since he was banned from there in one day no less even more than he has been from here!

Heck I got banned from the place and I didn't do anything wrong and I don't have any bad feelings toward them. Why I'd allow them to advertise here if they wanted.

Fact is, honey always attracts more bees, so the goodins' are always going to end up here eventually. And the small percentage of coarse individually over there would not enjoy the frequent references to Jesus that are commonplace here.

Boneheads!

For the record, once Don started this I never went back. I'm a Ford/Jeep guy anyhow......... :popcorn:

If someone gave me a chevy I'd donate it to the wife unit.........
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:02:48 PM by stlaser »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
I see that there's someone with brains in the Shawn Casa (the one that would drive the chebby).
..as far as h-lovers....I've jumped ship. When Mccain told her to shut up, I didn't feel a thang.  :)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
Congrats Ken! That therapy group must really be helping........

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »

it is kind of like that Amazing Never ending story just need to get that flying dragon

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:07 PM »

Yes Steve, Charles here heads up the support group for SQ D addictions/withdrawl. People like Ken hang around in this group as in general they like the idea of sharing their feelings. I believe he often vents about H losing the election too totally misdirecting the whole meeting. Pretty sure JR is attending as well due to his current residence of southern Cali and well you just have to attend these type of groups if you live in that state. Not sure who else resides in this group as I refuse to take the time to evaluate the group as a whole. These are just the rumors I have heard as of late...........

Would this be one of those 12 step programs? Hi my name is Steve and I have a problem

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
Welcome Steve,

if there is anything that we can assist you with just let us know and well see what we can do for you.  Where yah at in OK?

Live in Maud work at Tinker. Are you in OK?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »

Would this be one of those 12 step programs? Hi my name is Steve and I have a problem

Similar I think......

Except a lot more hugging and crying, especially from Ken.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »

...... just need to get that flying dragon
Hey, we don't condone the use of drugs around here.   :shocked:

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »
Welcome Steve!! I'm in Nor Cal by the way, even I avoid SoCal.

Looks like SD has been covered (with dust) but what 60 year old plane you trying to get running?

There has been at least guy here trying to help out Don with SD. I got a few parts from him for my sub-conversion, Lane.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:35:51 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 08:32:17 AM »
Welcome Steve,

Somebody would have to pay me on the high end of 6 digits for me to live in oklahoma again....lol. i was stationed at sill for many years and was also married at one point to a crazy one from prague/eufaula area.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »
Welcome Steve!  I work in the district where Ken’s GF Hildabeast went to HS - good news is that I’m up for parole in 18 months!

SquareD will move as soon as Don cuts holes in the floorboards and Fred Flinstons it down to the nearest mechanic!

Glad to have you here and thanks for your service!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
Welcome Steve,

Somebody would have to pay me on the high end of 6 digits for me to live in oklahoma again....lol. i was stationed at sill for many years and was also married at one point to a crazy one from prague/eufaula area.

I did a couple years as a scout camp medic or director in that part of the state didn't enjoy it mouch

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

Looks like SD has been covered (with dust) but what 60 year old plane you trying to get running?

There has been at least guy here trying to help out Don with SD. I got a few parts from him for my sub-conversion, Lane.
The wife has family in the Grass valley area I like it up there but the state doesn't like some of the firearms I have

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »

I work in the KC-135 program office. The air force is still flay jets that came off the assembly line in 1958 :shocked:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »

I work in the KC-135 program office. The air force is still flay jets that came off the assembly line in 1958 :shocked:
When I was flying regional jets, I sometimes flew to Birmingham, Al where someone takes the old straight pipe motors off and hangs the new fans on that aging carcass. Did you folks ever upgrade the cockpit to some modern avionics? Or still just a big cat on the dash and a glass of water with a metal sliver floating for navigation?

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
1958 was a good year. Yep still see the 135 sometimes over here by TAFB. Mostly the spook conversion though.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »

When I was flying regional jets, I sometimes flew to Birmingham, Al where someone takes the old straight pipe motors off and hangs the new fans on that aging carcass. Did you folks ever upgrade the cockpit to some modern avionics? Or still just a big cat on the dash and a glass of water with a metal sliver floating for navigation?

When I started turning wrenches in the USAF they sported those, J 57 water burners smoked rattled and rolled. They have done a bunch of upgrades, even have a glass flight deck after all they want to fly these things to 2040 and beyond. 

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
1958 was a good year. Yep still see the 135 sometimes over here by TAFB. Mostly the spook conversion though.

When I was started out at 22 a 24 year old airplane sounded so old now 58 isn't sounding that old. Big Safari jets can do some cool stuff

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal