Hello Guest

Author Topic: THAAD on West Coast  (Read 1324 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
THAAD on West Coast
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:39:13 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-03/pentagon-deploy-thaad-anti-missile-systems-west-coast-protect-against-north-korean-i

Anyone else concerned about this turn of events? Wondering how the markets will react, 8 months ago NK was never gunna be allowed to have such presumed capacity yet here we find ourselves.....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:39:48 AM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: THAAD on West Coast
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
zero hedge is so behind the times...................smh

shawn, please don't think for 1 second that we have not had this covered for the last 20+ years.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
I like it!

Why not build in the capability to shut down incoming city killers? I love the concept

But I come from a different time

I used to practice air-raid drills, the "Duck and cover" days in elementary school. I went to civil defense meetings with my dad when I was a single digit boy. I knew how to use a geiger counter when I was seven. I knew that we had to save water and we had a rudimentary air raid/nuke attack shelter. Living near Baltimore (read: near Washington DC) We had a couple Nike-Ajax anti ballistic missile sites nearby. We were told not to talk about them, that they were secret. I did not know at the time that those things were armed with a nuclear warhead. Since they were so inaccurate, they would detonate a nuke and wipe out an area, catching the incoming ICBM or Russian bomber.

I'd do it if I was sitting on the throne. Then when it was up, I'd declare that international waters (3 miles off their coast) was our new fishing grounds. I'd bring a single fishing boat in but guard it with several thousand guns and cruise missiles.

Look rocket boy is only going to grow more dangerous and noisier so we should do something. Personally having come from a community that specializes in such things, I'd just plan an op and deep six him and the general staff. I'd follow that by airborne and Marine landings to set up some Negotiating centers more centrally located throughout N-Korea. I'd invite the S Korean Army to finally get some use out of their M2 Abrams and excellent Army to build roads into the old N. Korea. You know, to allow long lost cousins to reunite. The family is the NUKEular center that society is built on, you know!

Yea, it would all work out and a bunch more consumers of US goods would still be around to get spaghetti that night.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »

shawn, please don't think for 1 second that we have not had this covered for the last 20+ years.
These are mobile systems.

News flash: I heard it said that we can shoot these things withoug first getting congressional or Jerry Brown's approval, and even without first having to do an environmental impact statement.

I'd love to be in charge...Know where I'd install one?

Near the dorms, Berkeley University...

But that's just me

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

News flash: I heard it said that we can shoot these things withoug first getting congressional or Jerry Brown's approval, and even without first having to do an environmental impact statement.

But that's just me

You’d just be giving them what they want - “Safe Space” how can they disagree with that?!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »
Right up to the point where someone lights the fuse on one of those things!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »

But that's just me

I was also assuming these THAAD systems are the ones the Saudis keep using successfully. I just read the other day one system older has 100% success rate on ballistic missiles. Supposedly there is another newer system they have that has had issues.

For the record I assumed we had defensive measures already in place to some extent.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:39:03 AM »
Heck, just shot em down when they launch them, at the site.

Well, maybe let one hit Berkeley. I am far enough.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal