Hello Guest

Author Topic: Essential Oils  (Read 3337 times)

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Essential Oils
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:53:57 PM »
So, after junkin up another spot, getting ousted but not fired by the boss I figured I'd post up a topic on essential oils.

Who all here uses them? What for? Favorite ones?

We use them for all kinds of things from cuts and scrapes, achey muscles after long runs or hard work outs, head aches and respiratory issues. We have had great success with using them and plan on continuing to do so.

So how about if you use them add your uses which oils for what. If you have questions post em up, we'll be able to get them answered.

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Essential Oils
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
What exactly constitutes an essential oil anyway?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:59:11 PM »
And all I did was to delete like, half of everything you posted...I kept a few... For an Armee guy editin' a jarheads posting, I'd say you did pretty good! ;-)

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:51 AM »

It's any usable "medicinal" plant that has been pressed, boiled, steamed into an oil.

Think frankincense.... a potent and amazing oil.

Some really common ones are lavender because it's inexpensive (comparatively) and serves SOOOOO many purposes. Tea tree oil, great for lots of things, peppermint powerful for a few things, lemongrass is another one, great for muscles!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 12:09:57 AM »

It's any usable "medicinal" plant that has been pressed, boiled, steamed into an oil.

Some really common ones are lavender because it's inexpensive (comparatively) and serves SOOOOO many purposes. Tea tree oil, great for lots of things, peppermint powerful for a few things, lemongrass is another one, great for muscles!
What about the eucalyptus? Isn't that about the second best thing next to sliced bread?

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:45 AM »

What about the eucalyptus? Isn't that about the second best thing next to sliced bread?

Oh yea, that's an extremely commonly used one as well. All we use it for is respiratory issues. Relieving congestion helping open up  our lungs. But I use two blends called breath ease and deep breath more than eucalyptus. It works well and doesnt make your eyes tingle when you put it on the bridge of your nose.

OldKooT

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:33 AM »
Gun oil... very essential.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »
My wife was/is (not really sure at the moment) a DoTerra rep.  So our house is filled with oils.  I don't really know what exactly she uses for what.  She just scampers off to grab a bottle and doctors me up.

There is something for cuts, burns, cleaning grease/oil/paint off, colds, headaches etc..  She mixed some concoction up in a spray bottle for me to use as a scent cover during deer season this year.  I can attest that some of it does indeed work.  Whatever she puts on burns is a winner for sure.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
My wife same same. There's so many oils in my bedroom, I've had to invest in a bag of kitty litter just in case.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »
Koot, your are correct, particularly if you don't want to clean a gun, just put more oil on it to keep it running.

Ken, good idea, would make a giant accident an easy clean up mess.

That being said, we are not a rep for anyone, have just found that they work and have continued using them for more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 07:42:48 AM »
My sister in-law is a do terra rep. She pushes that stuff hard. We live in a small community. There are 2 types of people here. People who buy into it. (Mostly young people) and people are tired of hearing about it. I am in the latter. I cant stand going over to their house. It stinks of that crap. They even have a diffuser in their vehicles. I got a ride to town, half way there I was ready to walk. She was all saying they are going to be healthy this winter because the oils bla bla bla. Guess who was the first one to get sick. She even pushes that stuff at church. Every time she hears some old lady say she has a ache or a cold she has to pop in. I have an oil for that. I guess she over heard me call it hippy dippy snake oil one time. She didn't say anything to me but I guess I made her mad. My wife suggested I keep my opinions to myself when shes around. My wife has tried it as well as some of our friends. It didn't work for any of them. I never personally tried it. She had me talked into it one day after a few beers but then it didn't happen.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 08:32:23 AM »
I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to the oils.  Some of it definitely does work for me, some of it maybe kind of works, and some of it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference.  Just my personal experience.  I have had to tell my wife to put it away a few times in the car also.  Not sure which ones but some of them just make me light headed, especially when confined in that small of a space.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »
There is a reason I am not a rep! Just a buyer of other brands. I have only met one rep who didn't push it hard, the rest that's all the wanted to do was push it.

Their potency can be hard to handle in confined spaces, but the "aroma therapy" can be most effective in small confined spaces. Of which we never do! We only use it as a topical. But because we have seen it help with many things we find it worth having.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
I've never used them although my wife uses tea tree oil....for what I have no idea.

Could someone post up a list of what you use for what ailment? I do think there are natural items that often work as well or better than man made stuff. But I think there is also a lot of hard sell associated with some of this stuff so not sure how to separate the wheat from the cha....oil, as it were. :shocked:

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
I ran across this video a while back. He pokes fun at all the new wave health nuts.

https://youtu.be/Q_Ecmciv9zI

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 08:40:15 AM »
Jon that bears a resemblance to David Spade in Joe Dirt

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »
Is there actually, snake oil? Does anyone out there put a snake in a press and squeeze out the "oil?" Or perhaps cook the thing and catch the oil drippings? I mean if they did, might be good for something. I'd be up for a bottle. Pour the stuff around the camper...Next time some pesky mouse comes uninvited, he gets a whiff of snake and decides not to visit. Would be good for that right?

I mean it has to be one of the most oversold thing that actually doesn't exist in America...right behind the notion that Hillary or any Clinton would be good for the country.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »
Don, just grab holt of a rattlesnake and shake him up a bit. He'll be more than glad to give you some oil (non-topical of course)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 12:25:46 AM »
The bug spray the wife mixes up works well at scout camp

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »
The bug spray the wife mixes up works well at scout camp

Please share!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
Quick facts application: apply a small amount of this oil to the skin.
Diffuse into the air or place a few drops on a ribbon and string and place near air vents, windows, or openings where bugs might come in

Single oil blends:
Lemon eucalyptus, citronella, lemongrass,

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »
Big Dave

You get two Real Man points just like that texas hillbilly did! Good for ya!

Could you post this over on the remedy thread? I won't delete too much of it...Promise! ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal