GENERAL TOPICS > Most Favored Companies

McCoys

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jared Herzog:
Years ago we were at a bank function with McCoys. The McCoy family owned Balcones Bank where i was getting construction loans. There was a little old man there who I knew. He was surrounded by lawyers in thousand dollar suits. He knew every one on the bank board of directors. He pulled up in an old ranch truck wearing ranching clothes. You would have thought he did not have anything. He would have given you the shirt off his back and had been known to help many people without them even knowing it was him. He was not flashy or proud. That man was Emmit McCoy. The founder of McCoys. Brian McCoy is the CEO now and does the same things for the community and people in need.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: OldKooT on December 15, 2017, 12:26:21 PM ---Ahhhhhhh Lawton..... memories.

--- End quote ---
Got a few there myself

Previous life, after flying the traffic pattern for a few hours while listening to this divine female voice, later that night my crew dogs drug me out for a night on the town. That night ended up in some sleazy strip joint. The dancer came to sit down with us, and immediately I recognized the voice...yea...She figured out who I was and went from stripper to, Please sir, do not tell anyone, you know what will happen to me. I did the right thing...

OldKooT:
LoL Don.... Long story, but Kay knows Lawton very well. 

I also buy local as much as possible. Especially if I can do it and no one notices I am in town.

TexasRedNeck:
I’ve started buying from McCoy’s more and more. Better quality stuff. People who know a 2x4 from a hole in the ground and decent prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate:

--- Quote from: OldKooT on December 15, 2017, 12:26:21 PM ---Ahhhhhhh Lawton..... memories.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 15, 2017, 06:38:41 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Got a few there myself

Previous life, after flying the traffic pattern for a few hours while listening to this divine female voice, later that night my crew dogs drug me out for a night on the town. That night ended up in some sleazy strip joint. The dancer came to sit down with us, and immediately I recognized the voice...yea...She figured out who I was and went from stripper to, Please sir, do not tell anyone, you know what will happen to me. I did the right thing...

--- End quote ---

I actually was stationed there for about 10 years, and i still have a couple of really close friends that sitll live there.

funny story for you don, those buildings that you are talking about were still standing the last time i was there (2014), but they had been vacant since 1998 or 1999.  that is when the mayor (cecil powell) kicked all of those establishment out of the city limits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version