Hello Guest

Author Topic: Steel and aluminum tariffs  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Steel and aluminum tariffs
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »
What do you guys think here?

This is how I see it~For decades we have been increasingly Screwed by other nations by paying high taxes on their products yet we charge very little for ours such as fuel, grain and corn. Trump says nah, this is done, eat some of your own crap and the world is having a meltdown.  In my view, Trump is doing just what he said he’d do-Shake Things Up. For (Especially the last 8 years) the last several years we’ve been at the bottom of exporting at our very large expense. Now it may sting at first because we have set in our ways. And no one has been the wiser unless they researched the truth on their own. But this can be a yet another step towards getting back on top.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Steel and aluminum tariffs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 06:25:47 PM »
I don’t think these tariffs will hold, Bush tried them years ago and they didn’t either. With that stated this is signature trump, piss the opposing side or sides off then work back towards center giving up nothing on our side but with the opposing side giving things to keep us negotiating.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »
That’s exactly right. Art of the deal.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 08:18:04 AM »
I’m a fan of whatever he does WITH the intentions of putting America First and improving our economy.  Tired of the world trying to feed us a crap sandwich and our treasonous politicians telling us how delicious it’s going to be while lining their pockets for feeding it to us!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
I am with you guys....either way it gets the other side to the table. I think this is purely a move to start discussions so he plants the first flag in the ground where it scares the crap out of the other side. Then they negotiate something that is "fair" and everyone is happy. We're happy as it's much better for the USA, they're "happy" because it wasn't where he planted the first flag. But I like it, start with the most extreme position and negotiate down. You can't go the other way.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 07:06:20 AM »
^^^^Great Article!  Thanks Shawn-

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
That’s a lot of bloviating to get a simple point across.  Not sure I agree completely. Until humans agree to pay more for goods than they could, businesses must necessarily go towards a lower operating cost to be competitive.   That’s why the massive corporate tax cuts were so important and actually will raise some costs as labor costs will rise here ( good for American workers) I do believe that if a dumping situation or other extreme imbalance exists between countries then tarrifs are warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »
That’s a lot of bloviating to get a simple point across.  Not sure I agree completely. Until humans agree to pay more for goods than they could, businesses must necessarily go towards a lower operating cost to be competitive.   That’s why the massive corporate tax cuts were so important and actually will raise some costs as labor costs will rise here ( good for American workers) I do believe that if a dumping situation or other extreme imbalance exists between countries then tarrifs are warranted.

Charles, I agree if you actually read it in its entirety there is a lot of fat. I rarely read anything complete, most often it is a fast skim of an article to get to the meat.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 08:21:58 PM »
And that is the difference between liberals and conservatives.  With their hearts, liberals believe that we should all work in the interest of the greater good. Conservatives know the reality is that human nature is selfish and acts in its own best interest.  Therefore we should put guardrails around it. Thus, capitalism.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:41 PM »
And that is the difference between liberals and conservatives.  With their hearts, liberals believe that we should all work in the interest of the greater good. Conservatives know the reality is that human nature is selfish and acts in its own best interest.  Therefore we should put guardrails around it. Thus, capitalism.

And when the Liberal Caveman move next door to the hard working Conservative Caveman, and his food started disappearing, his sheep started running in fear every time the Liberal strolled their pasture........weapons and fences were invented!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal