Hello Guest

Author Topic: 3KW power inverter install  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
3KW power inverter install
« on: March 17, 2018, 06:41:24 PM »
I found this over on DF and I thought a few of you could really get something out of this!

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/967970-2017-silverado-hd-large-inverter-3kw-install.html#post11890378
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: 3KW power inverter install
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »
I'm a little jealous...was trying to do this in my truck with a 1500w (or 2000w?) but there was absolutely no place to mount it, except for the rear floor like he did. I wasn't willing to give up that space.

I also would never hook a 3000w load directly to the back of a modern alternator ...scratch that...ANY alternator, but that's just me. I also wouldn't use a 3k invertor with the engine running (on a computerized vehicle). That's a heck of a shock load.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »
Yeah i have read a few posts that that guy has done and i am not impressed with him.......but the idea is what i found interesting.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »
I have a little 400watt mounted in the bed right at the back. Wired to the power center with a circut breaker.

It sits under the lip of the bed, plus I have a shell so I am not worried about rain and its just $25.

Has USB, on/off and angled outlets which makes access easier.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/power-inverters/400-watt-continuous-800-watt-peak-power-inverter-66814.html
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 07:15:19 AM »
3000 is not enough to run a camper anyway. I suppose if the fridge was run on gas and he didn't have anything else on He could run the ac. Seems to me he trying to use his truck as a generator instead of going and buying a generator. I don't know enough about this stuff to say if hes doing it wrong or not but I'm going off the batteries with mine.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 07:23:54 AM »
My 3000 generac runs my trailer and AC just fine.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal