TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Hougen Magnetic Drill Press

<< < (2/4) > >>

KensAuto:
Thanks Jon.
Shawn, going to have to think about that for a bit, I'm kinda fond of using liquid to cool things down...call me old fashioned. The water based stuff cleans up fairly quickly imo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on March 24, 2018, 10:36:28 AM ---Thanks Jon.
Shawn, going to have to think about that for a bit, I'm kinda fond of using liquid to cool things down...call me old fashioned. The water based stuff cleans up fairly quickly imo.

--- End quote ---

Ken, I don’t use it on drill bits normally. What I do use it on is multi flute counter sinks and slug cutters like what you have. Jobs where I’m really heating up the complete tool, this stuff sticks to the tool pretty well & cools it right down. Just to give you an idea I have a 1” 4 flute countersink that I use for countersinking 3/8 flat head machine screws in 3/8 HR plate. I did over 1800 holes with a full machined countersink with that one tool and deburred 4x as many holes on top of that with the same tool.

Flyin6:
I have wanted a mag drill for so-so long!

KensAuto:
Don, it's a shame that all of us aren't neighbors. Can you imagine what we could accomplish by combining resources, both mechanical and human?
I'm at the point where I am (intentionally) running the shop in the red, spending/making very little money on myself. If I purchase something now days, chances are that it will be a tool, whether I need it or not. Did I mention I like tools?

Bob Smith:
Keep it in the black Ken....Tools are great but, you need to grow within your means my friend. Small business keeps us going and we need you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version