WEAPONS > Firearms

Ruger Precision 308

<< < (6/6)

Bear9350:
This might be a good action to consider.  Some of the perks of a custom action at a reduced price.  They have both righty and lefty versions.  By the time you would buy a Rem700 action, have it trued and get a good rail on it you would be very close if not more to the price of one of these.

https://www.gunwerks.com/store/gun-parts/

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bear9350 on March 27, 2018, 08:08:50 AM ---This might be a good action to consider.  Some of the perks of a custom action at a reduced price.  They have both righty and lefty versions.  By the time you would buy a Rem700 action, have it trued and get a good rail on it you would be very close if not more to the price of one of these.

https://www.gunwerks.com/store/gun-parts/

--- End quote ---

Those prices are better than the Stiller & Pierce actions I was researching last night, not as fancy a finish but I don’t need fancy on a tool as long as it works.

stlaser:
So funny thing this am happened. I’m at local post office shipping packages & I hear two guys discussing hunting tags & custom rifle builds for long range shooting. One guy is obviously a gunsmith to which I ask for a card & he gives it to me. Then we proceed to discuss where his shop behind his house is a block up the street. I’m going to go meet with him later this week, business card says he’s been in business since the year I was born no less.

Lives within two miles of my house, nice to have like minded people in my area if nothing else. Maybe I’ll start acquiring parts for a build too, see if he has any stuff laying around possibly?

KensAuto:
So the gunsmith was around when the 1894 lever gun was invented? ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on April 14, 2018, 09:10:04 PM ---So the gunsmith was around when the 1894 lever gun was invented? ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Negative, better year than that although if you tried to give me an 1894 Marlin I wouldn’t stop you either!  :tongue:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version