TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Dave’s house

(1/152) > >>

Bigdave_185:
I guess this is long overdo. 

Based off some other posts and the faces honey do list. I’ll put house build here

Start with the need of a place to put the house

Found a chunk in an agreeable location that me and momma liked

Next a building plan. 

Add the finished basement and we have what we need plus some simple wants

Next pick out our details of things for the design of the house

Than we need to start some actual work

Today we dug a hole if you can even call it that

We removed maybe 15 inches of soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
Tomorrow should get footings

If you look at the homes across the street. We are maybe two feet lower in elevation than those.
My excavator wants to bring in 75 yes 75 truck loads of soil to build up my lot so the others are not dumping water onto my property.

So far the deepest hole was to reach my sewer line. Seven feet down which reviled all of my soil colors.
2 feet of rich farm soil, two more of sandy silt stuff, 4 feet of thick clay. Than water.  The hole back filled with water as we watched.   I should be fine at my house level with a sump pump in the basement

Two weeks for concrete to cure and I should be framing. 
As today was my last day at L3 technology I will be starting tomorrow with my new construction company.  Running a framing crew

KensAuto:
Man that's a hella view. Good for you

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
Yeah. What Ken said. Nice view.  Congrats Dave. That’s exciting. Congrats on the new gig. Could have used your help on the casita.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on March 30, 2018, 04:22:54 AM ---Yeah. What Ken said. Nice view.  Congrats Dave. That’s exciting. Congrats on the new gig. Could have used your help on the casita.

--- End quote ---
I think a run to Texas would be a good time, as for help on your place.    I think you handled it like a pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version