Hello Guest

Author Topic: Bridge reamer.  (Read 824 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Bridge reamer.
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:29:12 AM »
I found the most amazing little reamer. I didn't know these even existed! I was doing research on beds for my truck build and ran across them on accident. Large holes are hard to drill by hand and I can't get the mag drill in everywhere. All I had to do was drill an 1/4 hole then get the 3/4 inch reamer. Within about 30 seconds I had a 3/4 hole.

I bought an assortment. 9/16, 11/19, and 3/4. They are pricey. The biggest one was like 80 bucks. In my opinion they are worth it. Sometimes holes don't line up right so I always tried to ream it out with a drill bit. Always got caught. Snap your wrist. Bust a bit. No more of that.

The bad thing is they will heat up a drill in a hurry. I can't use it in a cordless Milwaukee drill. They must have a safety built in so they don't burn up. I had to put it in the old Dewalt. That baby was HOT after 1 hole.

This is similar to what I got  except with flat spots on the shank, so it won't spin in the drill.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge reamer.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
Thumbs up. Did you use lube? Definately don't want to spin them fast.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:39:20 PM »
I have those to bore tapered holes in steering knuckles and pitman arms to a straight shank in order to run aftermarket steering.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
No I didn't use lube. The bit didn't get that hot. Definitely don't want to use a cordless drill.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal