GENERAL TOPICS > D.O.T.

So, I'm writing another book

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
Yepper another book should be coming out someday.  :lipsrsealed:

I hope to presale a dozen copies if the market is big enough!  :facepalm:

Nothing like setting your sights low enough to ensure success  :cool:

And as if anyone in their right mind would read the mindless ramblings of this old crusty Warrant Officer.  :sad:

But, some do, and on the shoulders of those boneheads I hope to make my millions!

Yea, so I was thinking about Distant Thunder and how it talked about the experiences we have going off to war and living a military life, but I wanted to do more. I wanted to write about the Christian aspect or side to that story. Then one day I was talking with a long time friend, Jeremy who said I should do it. HE said write it up in such a way as to be a self-help book sold on the Christian market.

He is a bit of a wizard about such things, so we dove in a bit deeper. He just seemed to know how to promote the thing and steer its development, so i started writing.

Then one morning I awoke with the idea that he should become my agent and promo and market the whole thing. So I approached him with the idea, and he said of course, he would love to do it.

So he plans to create a web site where peeps (Not yous, none of you boneheads...I need thinkin' people)! Just kiddin! So he builds this web site where you can talk with the author, and news about the new book and Distant Thunder can be had. He would arrange for speaking engagements and interviews and all of that and I would pound my fingers to the bone whilst figurin' out how to get sarge unstuck or this darned turbo removed from my truck!

So I started some time ago and I now find us some 405 chapters deep and something over 23,000 words. I shoot for 70,000 words which makes for 240 or so pages and add or subtract as necessary to make my point

So the way this one lays out is that I first have a concept, like, say, "faith." That concept is supported by a story which occurs somewhere in my military experience. I develop the story and lace it with scripture and in the end one can see where God was present all the time.

Anyway, off we go to the races, we'll see where this one leads!

Nate:
Interesting

KensAuto:
So, is this the thing you said you were working on?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stlaser:
So it’s a self help book. This may be a little stretch but I’m a thinking here so hang on. Since we essentially (us DOT’s at least but not you Ken) via this website are a self helping you & this in turn allows you to write a book (which might be a paying gig, if u sell more then you give away) then maybe we, we’ll those of us self helping DOT’s get a pay raise here too?  :facepalm:  :popcorn:  :knucklehead:

wyorunner:
Hmm, this should be a good read. I’ve always liked faith based books!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version