TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

speedaire compressor

(1/9) > >>

Nate:
so I was just kinda flippin through ads for compressors, because I want/kinda need one for my garage.  well this afternoon I came across this little thing for $100. 

it was made in 1965 up in beaver dam WI.  Other than a little bit of dust that clung to the grease residue that was probably from an oil change or 2, this thing is almost immaculate.  it has a little 1 or 2 piston (probably 1 piston) pump head on it, a tiny little 1/2 HP 110v motor to run it.  there is even a little drain valve at the bottom.  from completely empty it takes about 10-15 minutes to build up to the 100psi.  the shut off turns it on at 70 psi and turns it off at 100 psi.

ill play with this for a little bit and probably give eaton a call and see what they say.  maybe ill sell it if a bit bigger one comes along for the right price? 

Nate:
more pics

Nate:
anybody know anything about these?

stlaser:
Nate, now that you cleaned it up I think that is essentially the same unit my grand dad had in his garage growing up. Probably pretty noisy & forever to fill up to pressure. Brought back some memories with those pics.....

Cast iron, single piston & most likely pretty easy to rebuild if needed. Not much to them, change the oil out & air filter

KensAuto:
Yeah, those slow-pumpin' old ones last for ever. Sure cleaned up nice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version