VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Durmax AC problem

(1/7) > >>

oklawall:
The hottest part of the year and my AC compressor decided to lock up. I replaced the compressor, lines, orifice tube and accumulator and flushed the ever living daylights out of the evaporator and condenser . Well the truck is a 2006 and it looked like everything was original. But my question is I can't find any info on how much refrigerant oil is needed for a 2006 Chevy 2500 with the duramax. The part store said 7.7 ounces but that sounds way to much to me. Any help would be great

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: oklawall on August 09, 2019, 09:32:19 PM ---The hottest part of the year and my AC compressor decided to lock up. I replaced the compressor, lines, orifice tube and accumulator and flushed the ever living daylights out of the evaporator and condenser . Well the truck is a 2006 and it looked like everything was original. But my question is I can't find any info on how much refrigerant oil is needed for a 2006 Chevy 2500 with the duramax. The part store said 7.7 ounces but that sounds way to much to me. Any help would be great

--- End quote ---

Someone else will probably come through with the answer, but can you call a stealership service dept or parts, and ask them? They have the info it’s just a matter of whether or not they’re willing to share. I have gotten info on toyotas in this manner.

KensAuto:
Sounds right to me. Put a couple in the accumulator.

Hope you don't regret not replacing the condenser. You can rarely flush modern ones with any success.
I might find a cutaway pic of a condenser tube just for fun. They have micro tubes within the visible tubes. Pretty crazy engineering.

oklawall:
Micro tube? Who comes up with this stuff? Thanks Ken I called the service manager and he said that it was 7.1 ounces so that is what I went with. The thing is cooling great now except this thing doesn't cool well at a stop. I don't know if it is all of these trucks or just mine?

Sammconn:
When did you last clean the cooling stack?
You’re likely clogged with grass feathers dirt etc if you haven’t in the last couple years.

I’m due again been a few years now 5-6 and I’m having same thing.
A little throttle to get fan moving air cools immediately.
Mine is clogged again. A bit of a pain to clean but possibly your issue now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version