Hello Guest

Author Topic: video drone  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
video drone
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
I found this on the internet today and I thought I would share with you all considering don has been looking for something like this.

http://dslrpros.com/uas-drone-landing/?gclid=CIHv8aCRyMECFcaCfgod2ZEAmA
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: video drone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »
 Wow. Nice find. Now I know little to nothing on this subject, but it appears they have done their homework on an nice little unit. My experience in RC is 25 years dated and I'm sure by the looks of this there have serious advances made. Impressive looking features and capabilities with this as well. But it seems to lack the return to 'Big D' feature.  ::)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Well I didnt really check it totaly out, but it is a base to start with, and knowing don he would definately modify it.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
That could easily work out to be exactly what I am looking for, albeit, I'd paint the belly ghost gray to match the sky, and the top side OD green with some striping to be hard to detect from the air...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:01:07 AM »
Great find, but I think it is a little pricey, but then again it is all in one package.

There are so many of these out there now finding one is not the issue. Finding one to do what you want for a reasonable price will.

I was at Frys a couple days ago and they are all over. I think finding one with the GPS return features wanted and 5.8 ghz camera for a fair price will be the catch. I think the $1000 price is a good target, not the $3500 for this one.

Another thing is parts. From what I saw there everything is over the counter (futaba radio-3 cell lipo packs-charger) with a fancy name all packaged up. I am doing research on this ad have a large show to attend in Jan that I sure will yield a lot of info. I work for the flying venue there (volunteer) and get to see cutting edge things up close, even hands on.

I have been looking at flag poles to and think I can power raise/lower with air, time will tell soon.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:14:12 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 03:12:37 AM »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal