VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

1998 Jeep XJ

(1/57) > >>

BobbyB:
This is a pseudo-build/maintenance combo. I bought XJ last year in November, and I really haven't done much to her except maintenance. I had an idea of what I'd like to do, and I'm still working towards it, just remember it isn't going to be as crazy as CMax, and definitely nowhere near as in-depth as D2.

I'm limited in what I'm able to do as it is strictly VERBOTEN to work on vehicles in my apartment complex so a lot of the more "complicated" or multiple step jobs will be done by a guy I work with. He works on vehicles on the side, so if it has to be welded or I'm unable to perform a task, he gets the job.

My end result for XJ would be to have a 3" lift with 31" tires.. Why only 3" w/31s? Well, I don't know of many places in Wisconsin to go off-roading or wheeling or whatever you wish to call it, and I'm more into the "let's go explore this trail.." type thing, so XJ is going to lean slightly to the expedition side of things. I also don't have the money/time/experience necessary to upgrade the axles, re-gear, add lockers,exo skeletons, and the other fun things for anything hardcore, so that pretty much figures into it as well.

SPECS:
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I6 4.0
4sp auto AW-4
NP 231 transfer case
Axles: Dana 30, Chrysler 8.25
3.55 gear ratio
235/75/15 Duratracs
Worn out shocks, and sagging leaf springs.

So with out further ado:

Yea nice rust huh?

I LOVE the GoodYear DuraTracs:

Last winter with all the snow and ice we had, I had no trouble getting around, and I even drove through an unplowed lot where I work, with nice drifts and didn't use 4wd. I did, however, put it in 4Hi and 4Lo just to try them out and it was outstanding. So from here on out I'm always going to rock the Duratracs...

BobbyB:
Now before all of you start thinking I'm neglecting poor XJ, don't worry I'm not. I'm buying parts as my wallet allows, and if I happen to see them on Craiglist, the local pick n' pull, O'Reilly Auto or the intewebz. However with winter coming up the pick n pull will get harder and harder to get into and search around.

BobbyB:
And because I had Bear with me in the XJ earlier, I took some pics.

Flyin6:
Bobby, you look like an operator...
But
I think Bear is the prettier of you two!
Sorry dude...grunt/pilot thing...

OK Love it

First suggestion: Move down near me so I can get some sparks applied to that mess and get some real metal on it!

Let's make that mod #1

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on November 10, 2014, 09:37:42 AM ---Bobby, you look like an operator...
But
I think Bear is the prettier of you two!
Sorry dude...grunt/pilot thing...

OK Love it

First suggestion: Move down near me so I can get some sparks applied to that mess and get some real metal on it!

Let's make that mod #1

--- End quote ---

I've been told that before, by multiple people, on different occasions.

As for Bear, yea he is an attention getter, he's pretty popular with, well anyone who sees him.

Well, assuming XJ survives another winter, and makes it to Mississippi for my cousins wedding next June, I'll more than likely stop by. As for moving down yonder, I gotta get through EMT, then hopefully Paramedic, Firefighter and Police Academy before I look into new jobs markets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version