VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

2018 F250 6.7L grandpas tow pig

(1/9) > >>

stlaser:
So bought this over the summer, July if I recall correctly. I wasn’t initially going to do a build thread but as I continue small upgrades it occurred to me I should document it to some degree.

stlaser:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
I bought it off the dealer lot with roughly 14k on it and super clean. Hitch had not even been put into the receiver at that point. Within a week I had a B&W flip over ball installed in the bed to tow our 37’ Fifth wheel rv. It came with several upgrades including auto drop down side steps, upgraded floor mats, color matched leer truck cap and carpet bed kit. (Carpet bed kit ie: grandpas truck as it were)

The first upgrade I did was to acquire a slightly used 1 year old RDL bed mounted aluminum 40 gal auxiliary fuel tank that I plumbed into oem tank. (Sorry zero pics of that) Which came in handy on our 2 week western Montana camping trip.

stlaser:
I’ve since put 18k on it in roughly six months, 4 trips to Montana and back since relocating there. Just crossed 30k on it last trip down to Colorado. Per the Ford recommendations it was time to address the fuel filters. Stock units suck, poor design and expensive plus the micron filtering on them is around 10.

Black market performance makes both upper and lower new housings to utilize and easy spin on design. Both are well thought out kits and other than some hard to disconnect lower fuel lines (literally bruised ends of my fingers getting them to release, not BMP fault) it’s a simple install. They use caterpillar 4 micron spin on filters.

stlaser:
This morning I just ordered the s&s cp4 disaster prevention bypass kit and will be installing that sometime in December or January, we will see.

Link here to what I bought and all the details.

https://ssdiesel.com/product/ford-6-7-cp4-2-bypass-kit-2011/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version