Hello Guest

Author Topic: Video Cameras to get started. Wired and wireless  (Read 1276 times)

Offline JR

• View Profile
Video Cameras to get started. Wired and wireless
« on: November 22, 2014, 01:27:50 AM »
Sure you have all seen the video systems from Walmart to Costco, so how so they really work?

I have this one from Harbor Frieght; http://www.harborfreight.com/color-security-system-with-night-vision-60565.html got it on sale for under $40. For what it is it works very good. It is wired so mounting somewhere is easy, plus it is 12v so it opens up lots of vehicle options.

I use a couple of the HF wired security cameras too, but they leave a lot to be desired. I have got some HD dome cameras off Ebay that work so much better for under $20.

I also have a few of these Wireless setups I got from Ebay and they works OK to for the price and being 2.4ghz. The little stand alone camera is nice as well as just adding a 9v battery. There are even recievers that plug right in via USB which opens up many options for viewing and recording. Software is a dime a dozen for this too.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• View Profile
Re: Video Cameras to get started. Wired and wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »
Of course you have the WIFI cameras too. I have one but be darned if I can get it to work and they have very limited range but the adjustability is big plus.

Another cool little item that comes in handy for security, Auto and plumbing/housework are wired snake camera via USB.

I just got one that works great, has a 15ft lead and its own led light. Under 3/8 dia so you can do about anything with it. Plus going right to your laptop (have to try it on my phone still) you have great viewing and record options. I am sure there are better ones, but for $20 how can you go wrong?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Video Cameras to get started. Wired and wireless
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
Interesting...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal