VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Mud tire thread

<< < (2/21) > >>

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 26, 2015, 02:52:45 PM ---I ran them on lighter trucks like my old Tundra with much success. on a jeep sized truck you'd like them if you have need of that much traction.
But for you snow bound guys, i'm not sure how well they run in deep snow...not much siping

--- End quote ---

I'm going to keep my DuraTracs for my winter tires.

EL TATE:
Huge fan of the M55's. Used to work for Uncle Les and I sold the you know what out of the Toyo MT's back then but always came back to the m55's due to the long tread life and snow traction. most of them are pinned for studs and at one point the state of UT bought more of those than anywhere in the US. Those yokohamas look a lot like the old MTR's on the H1. I like the tread design for pretty much everything but loose dry sand or hard packed snow/ice. you can always have them siped in the center lugs to improve that though. did that on my BFG MT's and they lasted forever and got decent wet weather traction.

JR:
I had a set of the Yoko geolanders sometime back. They were just a tad large for my max but boy did they work great. Even ran them in about 6 inches of snow and they had great traction!

I know you like your aggressive tires though Don.

I have 55k on my Toyos right now, be looking soon too. 

husker77c:
Another +1 for the Toyo MTs.  Had them on my Dodge 2500. I got almost 50k out of them and rotated them once, oops.  They did great in the rain, snow, sand (aired down) and had good highway manners.  And above all they were way more quiet than I thought they would be.   Only downside is they are a bit pricey.

CHEVSILVER1500:
Have the Nitto trail grappler m/t on my 1500 work truck. Have about 23k on them and at last measure I was at 12/32 remaining on the tread from the original 19/32. Always have them rotated/balanced every 3-4k and run 35psi. Considering the same tire for my dmax but not sure if I want to go that aggressive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version