GENERAL TOPICS > Site Help

site improvement

(1/4) > >>

Nate:
so I was having a thought last night and I thought I would be a good idea to throw it up here and see what people think.  keep in mind that I am not wanting to step on anybody's toes, or volunteer them for anything they are not wanting/willing to do.

so one of the main things that this site was created for (from my understanding) was survival????  Well survival can be thought of in many ways and not just SHTF type survival.  There is a lot of AWESOME info on here for SHTF type survival, but what about information to help be better prepared for when the SHTF situations are over, or just relearning how to be self-sufficient and stop relying on others for stuff.

we seem to have a few farmers types that have begun to join and was thinking that with

ken-automotive
higher caliber & JR-law enforcement
several-military (former, retired and currently active)
cuddakid- school teacher
Darren-electriction (trades)
Ashley-earth moving and heavy equipment
shawn, tate and a few others- customer service for equipment
don-creator and main DOT hearder
nate & tracey-food stuff and preserving
ETC

would folks be interested in a section or something that would involve farming, raising livestock, growing food for you and the livestock, maybe some general veterinarian type information to help with raising livestock and pets?

what are some thought that you all would have in regards to this?

Flyin6:
Dunno...Folks???

How would we frame it up?

Thoughts: Aren't a lot of rebuilding subjects already covered, only labeled differently?

What does a a post collapse society look like anyway...Wouldn't you have to make some assumptions about that condition to offer recommendations?

And it would start to get pretty big and not too focused.

Bear in mind I am only thinking out loud here. It is not as much my site as his and our site in my view.

So let's hear some discussion if there is interest

Nate:
Sorry if this is a little out there and incomplete.  Like I said, I had the thought while sleeping and needed to get it out there before I forgot it and I was also trying to get out of the house this morning for the mornings physical training session. 

Flyin6:
Get your quoffee, Nate

...and Good Morning!

Collect your thoughts

then present it to us

BobbyB:
Ensure there's Task,Conditions,Standards... you know all the "fun" Remember we have 2 retired CWOs in our midst and them fancy learned officers like their briefings to standard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version