VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

Kyle's LBZ Build

(1/55) > >>

Dawg25385:
Well guys, here goes! My new-to-me truck arrived yesterday! This thread will capture all the things I do to the truck.

For those that haven't followed in the other thread, I had an LMM and decided to sell in and get an LBZ. Basically the same truck in terms of color and trim, but I wanted an OBS with the pre-DPF powertrain. Found this truck in Wisconsin, and made a deal and got in out here.

Here it is arriving via a great Transporter, Bob Wilson. He's a Christian, and we had a nice chat about doing God's work as he unloaded the truck. Was really cool, and I'm happy I was able to do business with him.

With my ugly mug...

Got it washed up (actually wife did, I was busy rebuilding a shower enclosure getting ready for tile) before attacking the front brush guard. I said it'd be the first thing to go, and I am a man of my word!

Here's how she sits right now...

And to cap off the day, i removed the gaudy dealer sticker off the tailgate

Nate:
nice looking truck kyle. 

Dawg25385:
I already ordered a set of Weather Tech mats for the front and rear, they should be here in the next week or so... got to sneak that one in early, as the truck didn't have any mats when I got it. It also has a Prodigy brake controller, and a B&W turnover ball already installed, which is nice, because those 2 items were already on my build list!

And finally, here's my "build" plan...

Edge Insight CTS and Dash Pod - done
EGT Probe - done
Curt Class V Xtra Duty hitch - done
Fumoto drain valve - done
Fuel Filter bleeder screw - ready to install
Level Tow Mirrors - done
De-Mold/De-Badge - done
MBRP 4" w/ muffler - done
MBRP wrapped 3" down pipe - done
Fuel Maverick 17x9 - done
Cooper ATP 285/70/17 - done
MA Pump Rub Kit
Transgo Jr
Fass 150 Lift Pump
EGR Blocker Plate - purchased
ATP DSP5 EFI Live Tuning
PCV Re-route - ready to install
AMP Research running boards
Beans Sump
Titan 52 Gal Fuel Tank
HID/LED conversions

Some of this stuff is going to take me awhile... between building our new house, and an unexpected tax bill from Uncle Sam, have to watch the dollars and cents... and wifey runs the money ;) so it will be a slow process, but we'll get there  8)

Dawg25385:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on March 01, 2015, 07:48:46 PM ---nice looking truck kyle.

--- End quote ---

thanks Nate! I'm totally pumped right now... went to the store and wife stayed in the truck... when i got in the truck she was like "you really like it huh"... i just grinned... she said "you were smiling the whole walk back to the truck"

it runs great, body and paint are flawless, interior is great (minus normal seat wear). only thing is there's a little bit more surface rust under the bed than i hoped, but nothing a little wire brush and Don's favorite rust converter can't fix. I was going to attack it with some black paint/coating anyway, just a couple extra hours of work now is all

Bob Smith:
Nice rig, glad it made the trip without any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version