VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4

(1/215) > >>

Flyin6:
OK, been spending so much time on SquareD that Poor C-Max (Combat max, and yes that's a joke...) has been neglected.

Well, not completely. Recently I had to rebuild the AD165 fuel pump, which I would no longer recommend due to the fact that the motor failed for no good reason in about 35,000 miles!

I had not registered my purchase with AirDog and although I had the receipt, they would not warranty the unit and I paid something short of $300 for new parts. No worries, Fass is out there along with others for my future builds.

With that done, one of the crappy HID headlights burned out, then a second, then a third, and then one of the HID Hella, spots. What did I learn from that? I am done with the HID junk which is mostly awful and cheaply made chinaman junk. The Chinese manufacturers spend more time on packaging and bling than on product quality.

Want another example? I had two of the ball joints wear out in those Cognito control arms, They did not last 40,000 miles! Having discovered the worn ball joints while on the alignment rack we decided to change them on the spot so they did with parts from AutoZone from across the street (Read: Cheap junky Chinese parts!) Well today I was looking at the not quite year old ball joints with maybe 1.000 miles on them and noticed the rubber grease boots are heavily cracked, nearly through at this time, so the ball joints will need replacement again.

Well onto the HID replacement. First the radiator guard, grill, and headlights get pulled

Flyin6:
This time I am going to LED bulbs. These are very high powered and run at 6000K

Flyin6:
I had to strip out all the old HID wiring which was fun actually, since the LED bulb installation is much cleaner

Flyin6:
Then the new bulbs go in and hook to their ignition modules and just like that, you're done!

Flyin6:
And they work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version