Hello Guest

Author Topic: It's too quiet here!  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Tommy13

• Registered
    • View Profile
It's too quiet here!
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
Here are a few pics of my boat.  It isn't really a survival craft, but it is very versatile and it gets the family out on the water together.

The boat is a Bay Charger 2230L with some custom touches we requested.  Total weight on the trailer with fuel and provisions for a day on the water is around 6,000 lbs.  It will run up to 70 mph with a light load which makes beating a storm back to the dock much easier. 

The boat also has snap-in carpet (not shown in the pics) for those hot days out playing on the water.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:04:28 PM by Tommy13 »
Exodus 14:14

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: It's too quiet here!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:04 PM »
70 on anything but calm water is downright scary.

Those Navee guys wearing the trident...those guys...

Well they liked to play around with we Armee Spec-ops pilots. One of their favorite traps we'd fall into was to invite us out for a nice little boat ride. Well, out of those boat rides, most pilots suffered some sort of trauma, and one guy broke a leg.

Going fast on water is like, well, what is it like...Well maybe like jumping off the roof of your house into the lawn about 30 times a minute...for awhile

I don't like no fast boats!

But yours is nice!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »
Somewhere, some Navy, Trident wearing guy is telling some story about some Special Army pilot guys who take them on special rides through the air, involving physics defying stunts involving trees, bridges, canyons, power lines, flying through hangers........basic lunch inspection maneuvers I'm sure! LOL-  ???
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Tommy13

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »

Well they liked to play around with we Armee Spec-ops pilots. One of their favorite traps we'd fall into was to invite us out for a nice little boat ride. Well, out of those boat rides, most pilots suffered some sort of trauma, and one guy broke a leg.

Going fast on water is like, well, what is it like...Well maybe like jumping off the roof of your house into the lawn about 30 times a minute...for awhile

But yours is nice!

Like any vehicle it often isn't prudent to run as fast as they will go.  That fear can help keep us alive!
Exodus 14:14

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 08:11:53 AM »
Somewhere, some Navy, Trident wearing guy is telling some story about some Special Army pilot guys who take them on special rides through the air, involving physics defying stunts involving trees, bridges, canyons, power lines, flying through hangers........basic lunch inspection maneuvers I'm sure! LOL-  ???
Or about the Chinook pilot who had one of them hanging on a winch cable about 50 beet below the aircraft, who flew over to a nearby waste treatment plant and tea bagged them first in brown, then in rinse!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 08:13:20 AM »

But yours is nice!

Like any vehicle it often isn't prudent to run as fast as they will go.  That fear can help keep us alive!
Yup, concur

That's living on the wild side all right!

Man I'm glad I'm older and successfully got through all of that...

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 09:58:23 PM »
Or about the Chinook pilot who had one of them hanging on a winch cable about 50 beet below the aircraft, who flew over to a nearby waste treatment plant and tea bagged them first in brown, then in rinse!

OOOHHH! That there is one nasty visual.
Nice boat!
I think winter has finally given up for this year and I will be doing the toy swap soon.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 10:57:47 PM »

Oooohh, no -puking and dry heave sounds being made just reading that!  That's gotta to be your worst prank, I'm hoping!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »

Oooohh, no -puking and dry heave sounds being made just reading that!  That's gotta to be your worst prank, I'm hoping!
You wouldn't believe the stuff they pulled on me/us...wouldn't believe it!

Like pounding in all the body panels of our rental car while we were out flying another of their teams. Then disassembled the interior and partially filled it with pop corn...and we had to drive that car!

Or snatching one of my crew-chiefs at 14,000 feet and jumping out the back of the helicopter with him, and no one told him it was going to happen.

Or the "boating outings"

Or the very important mission I had one day. Yep, just had to get to this island at exactly 1000. Big time briefing, time on target mission, and all that. SO I get there and land to the "LZ" only to find out these surfer dudes have all gathered for a big beach party and used the good old US Army for transportation. Well, to be truthful they wanted us there as well.

But then there was the time when only one of them was still alive, and my buddy who had a broken back, but survived when his helicopter crashed in Mogadishu while the rest of the crew died. There was that surviving ninja who down to his last magazine of 9mm, thumbed out a couple rounds and gave them to my friend so he might have a fighting chance, then that warrior charged the enemy with a partially loaded 9mm pistol, and died in the process.

So, yea, even though the playing is hard, the other part is pretty real as well. There is nothing I wouldn't do for those guys, including dunking them in a waste treatment pond for a little "Character building."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal