Hello Guest

Author Topic: Standing the line vs holding it  (Read 866 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Standing the line vs holding it
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
In a private room void of consequence would you admit to your inabilities? On a field of battle, drowning in combat would everyone find out anyway? The fortitude to *stand* the line comes from within. The ability to *hold* the line is more complex.

I would never minimize the sacrifice of a fallen brother or sister in arms. Those who have paid the pinnacle consequence should be revered for their service, no doubt. However, to confuse heroism and tragedy is counterproductive to those warriors who develop in their wake.

When a warrior is created, a fire burns within them. The fire is a light of the guiding sort only. Warriors are not inherently super, nor heroic. Without cultivating, the warrior is simply a dog chasing a car with no damned idea what to do once it’s been captured.

A warrior must hone their craft, not just their sword. The sharpest of swords in the hands of a novice *might* kill, while the empty hands of the master *will* kill before the sword clears the sheath.

A warrior must remain physically, mentally, and spiritually fit for combat. There is no objective test comprehensive enough to examine the fitness of a warrior. The warrior’s fitness may never be tested in their lifetime. When it is tested the results are often futile, one way or the other.

A warrior for good must remain good.  Operating unsullied by the toxicity in which they operate is a task. Whether spiritual, personal, familial or organizational a warrior will remain true to their guiding creed in the face of adversity.

It is a sobering contradiction how all at once warriors are incredibly resilient yet fragile as any other human. Choose this day which principle you will serve. Is it enough for you to stand the line... or will you prepare to hold it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Standing the line vs holding it
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:48:03 AM »
Not sure I’m qualified to answer this question but I can only say that as I get older I look for more ways to avoid conflict( as opposed to instigating it- and I still fail sometimes, especially in traffic). I avoid it but want to be aware and ready if it ever comes my way. 

Oh and for you Blaine.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »
Not sure I’m qualified to answer this question but I can only say that as I get older I look for more ways to avoid conflict( as opposed to instigating it- and I still fail sometimes, especially in traffic). I avoid it but want to be aware and ready if it ever comes my way. 

Oh and for you Blaine.

I would trade “shovel and back yard” for a tractor and 75 acres! That’s awesome!

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Well for me, I'm old

All I know is when the call goes out, I'll be there

I will stand best I can, but only the fight will determine if I held anything, including my life.

But, like I said, I'll be there.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »
Blaine it’s funny you should say that. I tell my daughters to tell potential suitors that I have a backhoe, a bag of lime, and live next to 18000 acres of national forest.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal