VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

Ride Reports!

<< < (2/11) > >>

Nate:
We have finally been graced with little big d, beautiful pics brother, makes me miss livin up there, but that will come here in about 19 mo when I retire.

turn_one:
^^^C'mon up!  Give a hollar when you do.

Those kinds of 'hollars' Chief?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: turn_one on October 11, 2014, 01:03:43 PM ---^^^C'mon up!  Give a hollar when you do.

Those kinds of 'hollars' Chief?

--- End quote ---
Different kind
And I doubt you forgot already...Luke!

turn_one:
Want to bring this thread back to the forefront as the riding season is upon us.

I like remote mountain single track riding, the northwest usually doesn't allow that until mid July at best but this year is different.  A mild winter and seemingly early start to summer has granted me a few trips up to the Cascades, here are a few pics from a ride outside of Leavenworth WA.

My buddy is learning to paraglide and his school sits up this canyon off the Wenatchee River.  In the morning the winds allowed him to fly (I watched), the afternoons we rode.  Looking down the valley from which we came up:

Ridge lines had a nice single track on its crest:

Partner in crime on his 350 XCF-W:

Not too fast here:

Last day and flat number 2 except this time I only had 1 cO2 cartridge left.  Usually it takes about 3 cO2's to bead/fill a rear but no worries...my buddy has a bike pump...which decided to fail which meant I rode 10+ miles back to the truck with a flat.  Here's the action shot, note the stick/kickstand combo for impromptu flat repairs:

More pics to come when more rides done...

moto123:
Had a good laugh about the stick, pretty creative!  But man you seem to get a lot of flat tires.  Is it all sharp rocks that you are riding on?  I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire, but the majority of Illinois is loamy, soft black dirt when it's dry or quicksand when it gets wet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version