Hello Guest

Author Topic: Replacing trailer wiring plug-in  (Read 508 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• View Profile
Replacing trailer wiring plug-in
« on: September 27, 2020, 03:04:45 PM »
My trailer plug has a case of road rash after I forgot to secure it or not plugging it in last year.. Now most of the time the truck throws a code on the dash and no trailer brakes are to be had. I have all the wire color codes and numbers for the rv plug but not sure the wires are same color and the plug is formed/molded around the wiring so can't see how it is wired. My plan rather than try to chase all the wires is to plug into the truck and cut the wire I think is the right turn then the left turn and so on. I drug it home yesterday to get the wiring figured out and pack up for a couple weeks hunting next month. If the mile long single track road was any narrower or the trailer any longer I am not sure I could make it. The log truck made two trips so I figured I was ok. Turning around at the house to get parked was another story. Many tries but finally got a good line and got it parked. Time for some more tree falling and widen the driveway turn around.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:09:24 PM by Bob Smith »

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing trailer wiring plug-in
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
That trailer should be standard colour code.

It’s home made ones you need to worry about.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bob Smith

• View Profile
Re: Replacing trailer wiring plug-in
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »
And as it turned out Sam it was standard. Just never know for sure and I wanted it right the first time as hard as it is to stuff all the wires with no hairs touching the wrong post ..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal