Hello Guest

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth  (Read 328 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Queen Elizabeth
« on: September 08, 2022, 05:39:37 PM »
Today, Queen Elizabeth died at the age of 96

She is the singular longest reigning monarch Britain has ever seen, exceeding the previous longest, Queen Victoria who reigned 63 years.

I greatly admire her and although the royals (Like all of us) are mortals and run through their own particular sorts of problems, they, never-the-less galvanize the British empire. That is huge, for the British empire or what remains of it surpasses the influence of even we Americans. While we elect and toss about presidents every few years, the British with their constitutional monarchy are really cornerstones to the civilized world.

Queen Elizabeth was atop that mountain, and her entire life was one of service. I just read that even in her final year of life, she made some 400 public appearances and functions, including the resignation of a Prime Minister and asking the next Prime minister to form a government in her name, just last week.

She died at what I believe was her favorite country home in the Scottish Highlands

My family is British by origin. We hail from an area well north of London way up near the Scottish border. I have admired the throne and easily assimilate with the people of my homeland. I am personally saddened by Queen Elizabeth's passing, and for all my life, "God save the Queen," has been the only proper salute I have known with my British comrades. Now we will have to get used to, "God save the king."
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »
Coddled symbolism but a great tradition.

I’m just glad that snot nosed red headed punk that married the half black pop star is not in line for the throne….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 10:44:10 PM »
How do you really feel about her grandson. At least he does something unlike his pompas  brother

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 08:17:08 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal