Hello Guest

Author Topic: new air compressor blow gun  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
new air compressor blow gun
« on: March 23, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »
so about 4 years ago, a guy that was getting stationed in Germany sold me his little central pukematic air compressor and a few tools that came with it.  one of them being the little black plastic blow gun from harbor freight (their like $3.99 new).

well shortly after I got it, the little brass end that's just pushed into the plastic that you screw the fitting to literally blew out of the bottom of the blow gun.  so I mixed up some sort of plastic repair resin that I had and pushed it back into its place, gave it a day or 2 to cure and moved on with my life.  it worked the rest of the time that I had that compressor (I sold the compressor when I retired from the army and moved to Washington).

well fast forward to a week ago, and that little plastic piece of crap blew out the fitting again from the bottom of the gun...(and this was running that little old and cheap green compressor that I got about a year ago).  I went to lowes, home depot, menards, ace hardware, etc and all of them had either a piece of crap plastic one like I just threw away or that standard thumb operated one. 

they were all garbage!

well I sucked up my pride and went over to harbor chinaman junk, and ill be danged if they didn't have a nice all metal pistol grip style blow gun kit with 3 nozzles of different lengths for $5.99!  I actually bought 2 of them, 1 to use and the other as a spare just in case.

to top off my luck (if you want to call it that) I even got to use a tool that I bought 20 years ago when I was stationed in germany.  the whole reason I got this little tubing bender was because there was a possibility I would have had to replace some hard break lines on an 87 K5 blazer I bought from a soldier who was getting stationed back stateside.  so I put just a slight bend in 1 of the short 4-5" nozzles.

so all in all, this little $5.99 blow gun kit from harbor chinaman junk seems pretty legit, well see how well it holds up over time.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: new air compressor blow gun
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »
 :likebutton: Nate, good job with that slight bend. I can say from experience when the boys need a dose of summer hillbilly air conditioning that bend will help, especially if you keep a garage over your tool!  :tongue:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 07:41:19 PM »
We have these at the cabinet shop.   I like them well enough

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-High-Performance-Blow-Gun-with-Ultimate-Flow-Tip-035-0018H/205183778

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »
:likebutton: Nate, good job with that slight bend. I can say from experience when the boys need a dose of summer hillbilly air conditioning that bend will help, especially if you keep a garage over your tool!  :tongue:

That may or may not have happened in the past..... :beercheers:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
We have these at the cabinet shop.   I like them well enough

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-High-Performance-Blow-Gun-with-Ultimate-Flow-Tip-035-0018H/205183778

Yeah i looked at those as well, they just dont have a focused enough flow of air for my liking.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »
I have a few of those like the first one you posted, but in the name brands. Although they are made similar, with the brass insert, the oldest one is probably 20 years old and still working.
The rubber tips that snap on, in different sizes, are very useful for auto work. Also lifetime warranty.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal