SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2021

<< < (2/6) > >>

Flyin6:
Just got another one, $100

Thank you faithful sir!

We now have $203.16

and

I am still looking/praying about where the money goes!

Never had this happen before!

Flyin6:
Another $120

Total $323.16

And the guys who donated so far donate every year. Some of them donate multiple times during the drive and donate to other things here as well.

I feel like borrowing the US Marines slogan

"A Few Good Men"

Flyin6:
I now know where the money is going

My state, Kentucky was just plain torn up last night.

One site alone, Mayfield is very bad. A major tornado turned a factory that had 110 people into a pile of rubbish. Emergency channels tell us to prepare for possibly more than 100 dead just there. The tornados hit south of there as well. I am leaving in a few minutes to go to those remote areas. That is the location of my farm, and although whether or not it is still there is not important at all, the population density there is as sparse as it gets in this state. I suspect there is great need down there, but it is not a news maker. I will start in my farm's county and work myself north to Maysville and plug in where I can.

We are giving whatever money is given here to some or several needy families near and around Maysville. I hear Bowling green (Home of the Corvette plant) was hit almost as bad. This will be a day to remember in the lives of the people here

Pray for us even if you don't give. Prayer is free and a much better gift. Then do yourself a favor, Keep it to yourself so that you will secure the blessing that God will give to you afterward.

JR:
Yeah they did get hit. Has it really been 8 years?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on December 11, 2021, 01:25:01 PM ---Yeah they did get hit. Has it really been 8 years?

--- End quote ---
Yessir, 8th year of faithfulness.
Most won't give, but like with life, the efforts of the few carry all over the hurtle.
So one gentleman stepped up with $50, then opted to send another $55, for $105 total donation
Right along with him an always faithful man sent $50 to make the donations reach $155 yesterday

So out total stands at: $478.16

And, sharing my thoughts: Following the decision to sow into the families who suffered in those tornados yesterday, well, the evening before, I wanted to find that exact family and meet them at their point of need. I am still kind of tracking on that line of thinking, but with all the confusion down there, that may very well be impossible. Communication is sparse since the power is out and people are scattered. But I think the churches in that town will have a better handle on what's going on in their midst's.
So my plan is to allow the dust to settle for a few days to a week, then try to contact a pastor down there and tell him what we want to do. He may be able to point us toward that person or family, or it may be best to donate to some general fund for them to use. I am not sure of the actual mechanics of this yet, only that at the moment, around $500 is coming from us and going into that area, either Mayfield or Bowling Green.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version