PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

First set of Nicks Boots

(1/9) > >>

stlaser:
Nate, if you have a better place please move this thread……

Nate has been waiting for this one I think…..

I ordered these boots a few months ago. I’ve read countless reviews and after being fitted by a guy at a remote independent seller whose crayon profile of my feet wasn’t second grade level I initially wasn’t sure I ordered what I needed. Fast forward a couple months and I found myself in Spokane home of Nicks boots an hour early to pickup my daughter from the airport so I stopped by. I was then able to actually try on a set. Extremely impressed btw.

So these showed up last week while I was out of state working. Had a few minutes this evening and unpackaged them. Going to start break in tomorrow and will give updates as I progress with these.

stlaser:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: stlaser on January 21, 2023, 11:04:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---
What was your final purchase price?

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on January 21, 2023, 11:23:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: stlaser on January 21, 2023, 11:04:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---
What was your final purchase price?

--- End quote ---

Exactly? I can’t recall, I think they were under $550 out the door w/ delivery though.

I prefaced this in another post but I’ve been buying 2-3 sets annually of $200-$250 boots. My thought was if I can get a year out of these or more I’m ahead plus these can be rebuilt. So if I like them I’ll be ordering a second set to keep as spares if and when the first need some love.

I’ll state as well that the older I get there are things I’ll spend good money on. For instance a great mattress, I like nice socks and a set of good fitting boots are a must. Boots that don’t fit right make a work day awful.

Bigdave_185:
All good reasons why I’m in the same boat.  I hate wasting money on crap boots and watched nicks and whites and JK boots a long while

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version