PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

First set of Nicks Boots

<< < (9/9)

stlaser:
They definitely do not skimp on material. You feel very stable in these, even as they are starting to break in, it’s in appropriate places. Ankles feel extremely solid with good footing. At present time about 6 hours is all I want in them. Once I get to 100 hour mark I’ll clean and treat them. Put another 5 hours on them this morning.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on September 10, 2023, 05:18:25 PM ---They definitely do not skimp on material. You feel very stable in these, even as they are starting to break in, it’s in appropriate places. Ankles feel extremely solid with good footing. At present time about 6 hours is all I want in them. Once I get to 100 hour mark I’ll clean and treat them. Put another 5 hours on them this morning.

--- End quote ---
Back in my day in the Armee, when we wanted a super stable boot, we went to Danner Yukon boots. I still have my 1990s set in my closet today. I remember baking them at low temp with snow seal thickly applied, and I do not ever recall getting my feet wet from stream crossings or anything else.

TexasRedNeck:
Apparently the reason these will last 2 years is it will take you that long to break them in…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Funny, possibly quite true. I’d agree with the move and construction I’m not using my footwear as normal right now being that I’m not building axle assemblies much atm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version