Hello Guest

Poll

Do we keep this new Karma thing or can it? Vote twice, once for option 3 and once for 1 or 2

Keep it
4 (33.3%)
Kick it to the curb
5 (41.7%)
Apply it only to members named Dave
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 15, 2021, 03:28:06 PM

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Gentlemen,

I just activated the Karma feature on the website.

It has always been there, but I thought it was a pretty adolescent thing, so it has been turned off until tonight.

I was thinking of ways of beating up on Daves, and it occurred to me I could give em bad karma, so I turned it on.

Now having said that if anyone gives me bad karma, I will fire them, ban them, then turn the karma thing off to reset it

Not fair, I know, but what's ever been fair about how I treat all you knuckleheads?!!!

Have fun!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
That explains today, thanks. Did you test this out a few years ago?  If so, it has lasting effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 09:52:43 PM »
That explains today, thanks. Did you test this out a few years ago?  If so, it has lasting effects.

Ah, man tough day?

Naw, never tested it, but you say it can have an effect into our past then?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
Impeach Don!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 10:32:35 PM »
Impeach Don!

See what that just got cha! HA!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 12:48:15 AM »
I’m not sure why I got dragged into this,   Just minding my own business

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »
I’m not sure why I got dragged into this,   Just minding my own business

It has to do with banking

Fundamental principle really...

Let's consider a savings account, because it's a positive thing. As you move through the battle space (life) you make deposits in this savings account. And over time the amount gradually increases. So the paltry $5 deposit you made when you were twelve is now worth, like, $47,000 or something like that. That amount represents the $46,825 you deposited of your own money and the $175 the bank paid you in interest over 20-30 years.

With me so far?

Well, math works both ways, but the gradual increase thing is the point we want to grab onto here.

Daves, and a Dave in particular have been a thorn in someone's posterior pretty consistently over a relative long time. Being the keenly skilled and highly trained Armee person I am has given me the focus to drive on though the ankle biters are forever nippin' away. But all those little bites are gone but not forgotten. So as with the bank thing, one makes the deposits and the amount just continues to increase. Unlike a bank, however, I can access interest rates at whatever I deem appropiate.

Take someone like Samm our eskimo friend. I give that boy like 10%-20% all the time cause he is just a totally positive thing. He never points out things some of us may have done that was wrong, incorrect, didn't fit, got destroyed, was bush-hogged or run over. No, he just looks past all that and says, "Chief, ya know, you are just wonderful." and other things like that.

On the flip side, some people may be assessed a negative interest rate. Like as in although they make some deposits in the bank, the negative interest (they) generate has them owing the bank at the end of the day. For some reason people who's name begins with a "D", Don being the exception, of course just seem to pull the interest rate down. Don't know why, maybe its the thin air zoomies breath that kills off brain cells, or the salt air some others breath that forms big crystals in their brain matter. All that is a matter for science to determine, but for me its simple (And not exactly fair). Since I own the bank, I just do whatever the heck I want. Ya know, kinda' like Biden is doin' with our country.

At the end of the day, I still find Daves quite loveable (Call it a psychological defect in ma head) so I continue to allow them to babble on and share their rather interesting lives with us all. Now don't get the idea that I like Daves! No, not goin' that far, pray tell. But through years of learnin' patience, and with the aid of a good quoffee, I can put up with ya's pretty much as long as the more stable guys (Not Shawn) like Kenneth and Bob (possibly Cuda n' JR) can.

So there we have it. A perfectly clear explanation for the reason that negative karma assessments are possible here.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 09:32:28 AM »
Oh and on the information side.

The past few nights I update the livin' crap out of this site. We now are runnin' on the most current software replete with all the updates n' fixes the smart folks can muster.

I was not successful, though, at installin' a single new emoji! What the frick?!!

Not one. Downloaded them until my laptop started to smoke, and still nothin!

Hmmm...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 10:40:56 AM »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 02:28:31 PM »
That sure is a eye full to read.  So when do we get bank statements on our debits and credits?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
That sure is a eye full to read.  So when do we get bank statements on our debits and credits?
Hmmm...

So, I just spoke with Nate about all this Karma stuff. I'm wonderin' if I did a good thing or a bad thing. Best way to answer is to ask all of you if you want the Karma foolishness or not.
As usual, I'll look at what you folks want then do what I want to do like usual. But al least you got to vote...Hmmm, sort of reminds me of the November election!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
I’m gonna go ahead can check mark lost

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 07:24:03 PM »
Boss, not wanting to fall in the negative group of folks on here but you may be going about this wrong. You that is a bunch of words for some people to read you should have added some pictures.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 07:57:32 PM »
Ah scratch that, you can

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:00:53 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 09:26:29 PM »
Only three of ya voted

I really don't care at all. I was just thinking you folks could have a little fun messin' with each other. But admittedly, it is adolescent and mostly below almost everyone here. Regardless of age, this seems to be a mature crowd of thinking people. That Karma thing is for the crowd who hangs on every single episode of the bachelor.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 09:28:06 PM »
Boss, not wanting to fall in the negative group of folks on here but you may be going about this wrong. You that is a bunch of words for some people to read you should have added some pictures.
Now I understand the need for illustrations for the Armee types, and aviators. But you Air Force guys are smarter for the most part ;-))

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 03:30:15 PM »
Karma=DOT

HA-HA-HA
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
Only five folks voted. That's about how many actual votes Biden got, isn't it?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »
No, biden would have gotten 500k the way they count,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 02:47:47 AM »
I don't know about this whole karma thing, but did I ever mention how great our leader is? Not to mention, intelligent, great since of humor, and dare I say, quite handsome for an aging pilot. (I said handsome, not attractive)

Dave, paying attention yet?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
I don't know about this whole karma thing, but did I ever mention how great our leader is? Not to mention, intelligent, great since of humor, and dare I say, quite handsome for an aging pilot. (I said handsome, not attractive)

I’m paying attention. I mean I heard you had a thing for H, but that’s kind of a weird way to describe Biden. And who ever says he was an old pilot. Not to mention, how do you expect that to help you out with Karma on this site?   ;)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »

Quite observant there Ken, and a fine judge of character I might add!
A plus Karma point for you!

I'm terrible!!!!!!!!!! ;-))

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 02:31:34 PM »
I think I would prefer we call them brownie points.  Karma is associated with Hinduism and reincarnation as a principle of their religion.

But you are a handsome and accomplished stud of a pilot....jus sayin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2021, 02:37:07 PM »
I think I would prefer we call them brownie points.  Karma is associated with Hinduism and reincarnation as a principle of their religion.

And yet another accurate observation! Enjoy the added brownie point ;-))

And ya, this karma thing is sort of childish

Maybe that splains why I like it ;-)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2021, 03:10:14 PM »

I agree with the brownie points.

My personal 2 cents is that it takes a person with great confidence and ability  along with a great amount of nerve to get in and fly a object that shouldn't be able to fly but control an object that beats the air into submission. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 03:13:28 PM »
Don't they just have a "like" feature, so you can basically thumbs up a post?
That would cut down on some of the useless posting (I'm the worst, but only behind the Dave's, and possibly the Flyin6 character)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2021, 03:15:22 PM »
Ken, Ken, Ken....then that would cut back on the capricious nature of the owner’s whims....Who is a stud of a pilot, I might add....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2021, 08:48:37 PM »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2021, 09:14:43 PM »
 :popcorn:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

I agree with the brownie points.

My personal 2 cents is that it takes a person with great confidence and ability  along with a great amount of nerve to get in and fly a object that shouldn't be able to fly but control an object that beats the air into submission. 
Another astute observation!

Thank you sir!

But aside from the fun n' games, I am nothin' special, and not deserving any recognition or anything. I think you all know this and know this is all in fun but just to be clear. I personally desire no recognition, mention, credit, or anything else here or anyplace. I as all of us do, want to do my best and to be known and remember simply as a good man. Knowing that everything good in us comes from God, it is really just flippin' the God switch on inside that causes us to shine in any particular area. I count as a blessing the number of you who come here to share your lives. It enriches everyone just a bit and serves to illustrate how God fearing men should act. We become a little like fathers in that regard. Just as fathers serve as examples for their children to emulate, your interactions and exchanges and talk and exchange of ideas and thinking cause many others to take pause. I'll wager there are many who come here and quickly see something different going on. None of the "Look at me" or keyboard warrior going on. No hatred, no evil, nothing dark at all. You have created all this, not me, so who really deserves the credit, if anyone were interested in that at all? The one who created it or the many who make it happen moment by moment, day to day. It is clearly the synergistic stuff that goes on here that will have repercussions into eternity.

Now as for this Karma thing, I may just kick it to the curb

Reason is it has a negative component which may be misconstrued by some Johnny-come-lately that we can flame a member, and he then carries that black mark onward. That is not the way of God and Jesus. They would forgive and move out smartly.

Carry on menses!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:31 AM »
OK, just finished a strong brew this morning

Cleared ma foggy brain

KBG (Karma Be Gone)

Ya, so, not that I have ever made a poor or questionable decision in the past, no of course not. But thinkin' through this, there may be more bad than fun coming out of this so I KBG'd it

CM
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:10:33 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 02:13:12 PM »
I guess KBG is better than KGB LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal