WEAPONS > Other Weapons

Bow and Crossbow pic thread

<< < (2/13) > >>

Armalite:

--- Quote from: stlaser on November 25, 2015, 11:39:28 PM ---Btw I texted Ash to come on this thread & post up but he's being a weenie. I can say that because he has the time to comment on my wife's fb page but not show up here. Time to gossip with the girls n all.

--- End quote ---

I was simply calling you out for hiding behind your wife and girls....   ;D

stlaser:
Hardly hiding I took the pic...... ::)

Armalite:
Well, enough of the gossip....

I currently shoot a Mathews Creed.  All black with red strings.  64lb draw.  I have a Mathews Drenalin on backup.  I purchased it the first year they came out, and hang on to it now for a backup. 

Most all of the bows these days are comparable.  Mathews, Hoyt, and Elite would be the top three imo.  The others are good, Bear has come a long ways, PSE is always solid, Bowtech is good, and so forth. 

I've just always loved a Mathews bow, and after I got to learning about Matt McPherson, the owner and founder of Mathews, I would spend my money no where else.  He is an avid Christian, and he is open and public about it. 

I know that one of the major archery companies puts on the biggest venue once a year in Atalanta I believe.  They charge these bow makers like Hoyt, Mathews, Elite, ect about $250k just to come and have a booth.  Well, Matt McPherson told them that he wasn't going to waste $250k just to have his bows shown off at a venue.  His bows spoke for themselves, and sold themselves.  So, he took the $250k and donated it to a Christian Charity instead...

Do some research and most of the time you can find your answers.  Mathews will always have my business, no matter what. 

I'll attach a few reports on Matt below as proof.... 

http://mattandsherry.com/

Matt and Sherry are owners of Mathews Archery (compound archery bows) and McPherson Guitars (hand crafted acoustic guitars), located in Sparta, WI. Along with being business owners, they are also professional musicians and songwriters and have served as worship leaders in the local church for more than 30 years. From December 2007 – June 2011 they and their worship band led 28 city-wide praise and worship events in downtown La Crosse called CityPrayz. The CityPrayz events gave rise to unity amongst the area churches and helped place a focus on evangelism. Matt & Sherry have recorded several CDs of original music and are involved in missions around the world. They live just outside the La Crosse area and have three sons, an adopted Romanian daughter and her brother, and two grandchildren.

http://mathewsinc.com/27389/mathews-20-years-of-leading-through-innovation-impact-integrity/

McPherson’s desire to further the company’s positive impact around the world was a major part of his decision to develop Lost Camo.

“I got to thinking one day about how the Mathews name has significance in the industry,” he recalls. “Over the years people have asked me if they could use our name on their products. So I started thinking that it would be great if we could create our own camo pattern and then license that camo pattern to select companies who make particular accessories. I realized that, if we did that, that we could have a company that could give 100 percent of its profits to charity. Mathews already donates quite a bit of money, but I can’t donate 100 percent of Mathews’ profits because we have to invest part of the profits back into the company—I have to build buildings and buy machinery and computers and desks. But a company with not much overhead—a company like Lost Camo—would be able to donate its profits.

“So I hired Keith Jennings, who had many years of experience in licensing products. He has the same passion that Sherry and I do for making a difference in the world. Ever since then it’s generated more and more money every year. My wife and I don’t receive a penny from this. It all goes to these things around the world. Mathews still donates the most money, but Lost Camo and the licensing division actually generate several hundred thousand dollars a year that all goes to helping people. Lost Camo gives me another avenue to make a difference around the world.

“The other benefit of Lost Camo and Mathews licensed products is that they help us support our independent retailers. Through this program, our retailers are able to provide unique products that can increase their profitability to their customers. That’s very important to us. Mathews cannot succeed unless its retailers succeed.”

McPherson and Mathews support many different efforts both globally and in the United States. It’s clear that making a difference in the lives of others is incredibly important to McPherson.

“We participate in disaster relief across the United States,” McPherson says. “In India we’ve drilled wells in 15 different cities. We provide for orphanages. We contribute to missionaries. It’s our passion. I know this much—when I die, I’m not going to be thinking that I should have spent more money on myself. I’m sure what I’ll be thinking is that I could have done more. So I work very diligently at trying to stay focused so I can.

Mathews Inc. Donates Additional $250,000.00 to NASP
March 15, 2006 - Joel

Mathews Inc. announced that it would not attend the 2007 Archery Trade Show in Atlanta, Georgia, in order to concentrate more effort in supporting the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).  However, they continue to be an active member of the Archery Trade Association.

Mathews Inc. has donated over one million dollars in contributions and commitments to NASP and will donate an additional $250,000.00 in 2007.  Mathews Inc. founder and CEO, Matt McPherson, states, “While we will certainly miss seeing everybody in Atlanta, we feel it is vitally important to support the rapidly growing Archery in the Schools Program.  It has proven to have a profound effect on the lives of kids, as well as the future of archery. We want to do everything possible to support the NASP effort.”

The National Archery in the Schools Program is represented in 36 states and in 2005 alone, over 500,000 youngsters participated in the NASP program.  Visit www.nasparchery.com to learn more about NASP or to find out how you may contribute to The National Archery in the Schools Program.

stlaser:
Nice write up there Ash

Armalite:
Whoa....

Let me get a picture of this, an actual compliment from Shawn....   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version